Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little League

A year ago Daddy came home
with these shirts.
We watch the World Series games on TV each year.
But last year while I sat home pregnant
he got to travel there with some friends.
I remember thinking
wow t-shirts, not onesies?!
wow 9 months...
Oh and 12 months?!
Two different sizes?
And so big?!

At the time I was still thinking that I was having twins.
You know, the kind that are similar.
I knew that they were different.
But I didn't KNOW that they were different.
When I got their clothes ready
I had all the newborn boy and girl stuff.
Then I had all the 3 month boy and girl stuff.
Not once did it occur to me
that they were REALLY different sizes.

Rick actually bought the different sizes on accident.
He said, OHHHH really?!
Kind of disappointed.

I thought they were cute anyway.
I just washed em and said oh well.
I put em away for
the day
that seemed SOOOOO far away
when they would wear them.


The day is here!
And who knew...
One big shirt for one big boy.
One lil shirt for one lil girl.
I simply can NOT believe it.
It's happening.
They are growing.
Right before my very eyes.

The red chair even...
they are out growing the chair!!!
I've taken their picture in the red chair
several times now.
They never used to almost touch!
What am I gonna do when they
can't even fit in it together?!
See!
Look!
They've grown!
And they are gonna keep growing.
That's the scary part!
Its all just going
so fast now.
Faster than I ever imagined.
I am starting to feel the year
come to a close.
I am remembering
clearly
how things were just the other day.

Like Halloweeen,
Easton had just come home.
Azalea was still in the NICU.
I took their pictures
with lil baby pumkins next to them.
I left Azalea her pumpkin
just for Halloween night.
But this year it will be
the 2nd time around!
I still remember the 1st time
like yesterday!!!

I'm starting to photograph
everything
like a mad woman.
Trying to hang on to each moment.
I suppose that is life though.
Always moving
changing
growing
into something new.
It's exciting too, I'll admit.
Witnessing life.
Living life.

But my babies!!!
They are only going to fit
in my arms
for so long.
Little League 2011
Here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Too sweet!! Love the pictures comparing their size on the chair... It happens crazy fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!! That is hilarious that he bought the different sizes on accident and it worked out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...