Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fall faster


I don't know what it is about the Fall
but it's definitely my favorite.
It's coming faster now.
More windy days
bringing in the cooler air.
I hear the rustle of the leaves
waving and applauding
high up in the trees.
Soon they will all fall.
Painted pretty by the season
that brings about change.

We've been visiting
our tree
more frequently now.
Trying to squeeze in
every last moment of
the great outdoors.
They absolutely love
being outside.
Who doesn't really?!
We spend our afternoons
exploring.
They explore the environment.
I explore them.
their personalities
their likes and dislikes
their subtle sameness
their obvious differences


It's probably no coincidence
that my babies were born in
the Fall.
They are entering
Fall faster as well.
11 months
They are.
It's going as quick as
the cool winds of change.
And changing
They are.
Into people whom I
Fall faster
in Love with
MORE
each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...