Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to...


I'm NOT going back
to school
to work
this year.
I just realized
this is the first time
in a long time
that I am not going back.

I started school
when I was 4.
I went to college
when I was 17.
I went to grad school
when I was 21.
I started teaching Art
when I was 23.
Last year I went back
for 1 week.
That still counts!

I am 30.
And it feels kinda weird.
Usually I start to feel it,
actually I do feel it.
The beginning of something.
the anticipation
the excitement
the possibilities
But I won't be going
back.

Most people feel the start  
of a new year in January.
But for me its always been
the start of a new school year.
The crisp air rolls in.
The leaves begin to change.
And you begin to prepare.

This year my bag is packed
but not with school supplies.
Now I have...
hats, jackets, socks
diapers, wipes, bottles, bibs
contact case, solution, patches
and more, lots more!

This year's lessons are not planned.
I've learned from that mistake.
Once you have a plan
with TWO growing, going babies
the plan quickly changes.
So this year instead of going back
I'm going to go forward
into motherhood.


Where no new sneakers are required.
No morning announcements
No bell schedule
No free periods
No names to learn
just 2 students this year
and 1 mom...
Learning
Laughing
Loving
and Living




3 comments:

  1. Don't blink.... Because soon you will need two backpacks... Lots of clothes.... Two lunch boxes... :) They look so cute. I hope you enjoy this fall to the fullest with your little darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them in the stroller! Enjoy the hang out time with your babies & I love that your bag has patches packed in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the feet picture...and love the fact that your baby boy will sit in the stroller patched! No such luck for us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...