Saturday, February 8, 2014

Courage


There are times
when writing
feels like pulling teeth
calling for creativity
that just isn't there
and then there are times
when the inspiration
springs so quickly
I have to run, literally
before the fear
of losing my thoughts
defeats the act of
recording
creating
reality
Courage

I will admit
I wrote the following
a while ago
in the Fall
when it was all
still fresh
the chaos of life
swirling about
but it came to me
in an instant
spilling from pen
to paper so perfectly
that in a time
that felt so wrong
the intentions couldn't feel
more right

I bring to you
today
yesterday
with the hope of
tomorrow
inspiration
from a little girl
for a little girl
who's journey
touches my heart
and moves
my soul

Hair's to you
NYA
Keep Smiling

Beauty
the real definition
isn't about
appearance, looks
never has been
isn't now...
nothing beautiful
about Leukemia
but in the healing
in the hair loss
the real definition
is revealed

Beauty
is a spirit
an air of confidence
an act of bravery
the strength
of rising above
becoming more
than a diagnosis
accepting circumstance
finding courage
in the situations
life throws
in your face
your beautiful face

NYA
you are beautiful
with and without
your hair... so
Hair's to you
I'm cutting my hair
in honor of
you... Beauty!
Keep Smiling

I'm asking
my family and friends
to please consider
sponsoring my quest
to raise awareness
and support
my niece and her family
in their courageous
fight against cancer
a beautiful life
changed
physically
mentally
emotionally
financially
forever

On March 11, 2014
I will be cutting
over 10 inches
of my hair
and donating it to
Locks of Love
a charity committed
to creating hair pieces
for children
who bravely
and beautifully live
without

If you are inspired
to share in the spirit
of Courage
I would be honored to
cut for cash
all donations will go
directly to benefit
Nya Sophia
and her road to
remission

Family and Friends
I will graciously
accept cash or checks
addressed and sent
to me
if you are a
cyber supporter
please feel free
to leave a comment
with your email address
and I can contact you 
with more information
on how and where
to send the love

With this being my
first post
in the New Year
a year
unique and special
my one word
my one focus is
Courage
I am inspired
by the beauty of
Courage

I thank you
for following
and continuing
to follow
me
my blog
my story
your support
has been
overwhelming

My wish is to
share that feeling
with a family
my family who needs
to feel that kind
of love
of hope
in this
Courageous
New Year
 Keep Smiling!

2 comments:

  1. How have I not commented on this???

    This post is so beautiful, your niece is so beautiful, your story, your relationship, your love, your perfect words and pics...all of it.

    I cannot imagine what is happening and how you and your sister and family are coping, but I can see the love. And, I know that sweet Nya is going to continue to be a true inspiration to everyone...even people who have never met her and live in Tennessee!

    Please know your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beautiful smile breaks my heart and makes my heart warm and fuzzy all at once. Beautiful idea, you and your family are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...