Friday, November 4, 2011

FIVE

Ok so
I am trying
really hard
not to be
over dramatic
but
FIVE.
Seriously.



We have all
lost
an eyelash.
Yes, I know.
And most of the time
we don't even
notice
or think twice
about it.

Maybe I am
being
over sensitive.
He got a
skin sore
yesterday.
The kind where
when you take
the patch
off
the glue
takes his skin
with it.
About the size
of a breadcrumb
but still
sometimes it bleeds
sometimes it stays red.
Then the next day
I have to put
the sticky patch
right back over
the sore.  :(
Yes, the milky stuff
is on there too.

But the eyelashes...
Sighhhhh
Cringe
Wince
It felt like
being punched
in the stomach
FIVE times.

He was rubbing
the patch,
it started to come
off
so I grabbed
another
took the old off
put on the new
all in less than
five seconds.
He started
to cry.
I started
to feel sick.
Was he crying
because of
the patch
or because of the
FIVE eyelashes
just ripped off
his eyelid?!

I distracted him.
The moment is
gone.
But my heart
still aches.
I.
hate.
patching.

It's just
not right.
I can't
describe
exactly how
patching makes
a mother feel.
It's
just
not
right.

I know
what I am doing
is not wrong.
He needs
to patch.
It is working.
But FIVE.

Five sweet little
eyelashes...
I am making
five wishes
right now
for HIM.

6 comments:

  1. Poor baby! Feels so wrong, I don't care how right it is.

    I seen eyelashes on Austin's patch a few times in a row. I bought the next the size up. It might not have been the reason it pulled the lash out but I haven't noticed it since. Worth a try if you notice it continuing to pull out his eyelashes.

    Have you ever used any other brand? Austin can't use the ones Easton's using without breaking out, no matter how much milk of magnesia I apply. Same with Krafty Patches like Anderson uses, Austin can only use Ortopad. :/

    So sorry. I hope tomorrow is better for him and for you! (((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.hate.patching. really sums it up. Bless your heart the most. We have to believe that it hurts us more. It's the truth, I know it is. Andersons skin and hair comes off and it literally is a punch in the stomach everytime. But, ( always a but!) I have realized that he is going to be such a strong kid. Literally, our kids are learning to roll with the punches at such an early age. They are so tough. So much tougher than I am. You have every right to be sad. I love the 5 wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.hate.patching. really sums it up. Bless your heart the most. We have to believe that it hurts us more. It's the truth, I know it is. Andersons skin and hair comes off and it literally is a punch in the stomach everytime. But, ( always a but!) I have realized that he is going to be such a strong kid. Literally, our kids are learning to roll with the punches at such an early age. They are so tough. So much tougher than I am. You have every right to be sad. I love the 5 wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! That breaks my heart! I'm so sorry Mama! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Easton! He must have beautifully long lashes...he'll be beating the girls away ;)
    I agree with Missy...I tried those patches and threw out the box unused. Nicole's skin ripped right off, worse than with any other patches. We are exclusively using Ortopads and we don't use any Milk of Magnesia or anything. The only time it gets a little red is when I've had to use a few in a day.
    There are also MYI patches which are a bit cheaper but they didn't do well on Nicole's skin. Others I know swear by them.
    Lucky little fella...5 wishes!! Hope they all come true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies, your support and tips help so much! How amazing is it to have all you!?! I have been thinking about trying a new size/brand, we just have stock in this patch right now so I was trying to use em up. Looks like I will be headed to the store sooner than I thought!

    We had a rough day on Friday after all that, Easton woke from his nap minus a contact. So I summons the contact fairy and she delivered it to me right under his crib in the bed skirt. Thank goodness for her! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...