Tuesday, January 3, 2012

glaucoma

Oh boy
my boy
my sweet
baby boy.



I don't
even know
where
to begin.
I could confess
and say
I wrote my last post
on purpose
so that
this post
wouldn't be
the first.

Cue sad
overly dramatic
music...
is it over kill
if I say
it all started
when we lost
yes, another contact
again
the night before
the appointment.
It was our
longest lasting one
over 3 months.
It's gone
along with
the wasted hours
we spent looking
for it.

wear's the contact?
wear's Easton?!


Over it.
Over all of it.

There is a little
bit of everthing
as I write this

anger
sadness
fear
anxiety

pride
relief
reality

He has Glaucoma.


Well he has had
Glaucoma
wait
I don't even
want to capitalize
that word
I hate it's power.
His glaucoma was
under control
until now.

So his numbers
right
wondering
waiting
for that number
there were a few
lowest... 28
highest... 38
remember 40 is bad
so we are treating
him.

eyedrops for now
eyedrops now
for a long time.

possibly surgery
most likely surgery
if the numbers
don't go down
within 2 months time.

go back
in 1 month
to recheck
I'm loosing
hope
but there is a chance
that just drops
will help.

I have to say
Easton was
again
a Rock


His vision
a balance
that we can not
control
but he was so
so strong
he endured.

The Dr. said
that other Dr.'s
don't believe her
when she talks about
his case
and how cooperative
he is.
She was happy
and confident
that she didn't need
to have an exam
under anesthesia.



There was other
good news
his optic nerve
showed little
if any
damage
so we caught it
in it's very
early stages.

He is not
in any pain
there is nothing
he did
we did
to start
it
but it's here
it's reality
it's 2012


And we will
continue
to move
forward
together.


I'm learning
when life
gets messy

make a mess








We will
pick up 
and
move on.

This is part
of our journey
See the Distance.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your worry and sadness and frustration. It is so hard, so much harder for you than anyone else. Being a mom is the BEST , but also the hardest. Proud of all of you! And, I agree about the mess. Anyone who has organized cabinets is not someone I need to be friends with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! This is just not fair. I really hope the drops work, so he doesn't have to have another surgery. How horrible that you have to put drops in his eye!!! My kitchen floor looks like that RIGHT now. He was tearing out tupperware while I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for y'all! Keep us posted, which I feel certain you will. By the way, his Levi's are killing me with cuteness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amanda, my heart breaks for you. I know (and I know you know) that is is surmountable... but I know how devastated you must feel. I'm praying for strength for you and your beautiful little boy! I'm confident these drops will work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. =( It will be ok. I promise. We've survived 4 drops twice a day plus oral meds. You can do whatever it takes. Nicole's highest reading was over 50 =(
    Feel free to email me if you need to talk about stuff....we've been there and I know how scary it is.
    Thinking of you and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda..I know exactly what your feeling right now. My 11 month old developed glaucoma in his Phpv eye at six months and had trabeculectomy surgery eight weeks later. Last pressure test showed all was normal and surgery had worked but just last Tuesday we lost his contact urghh! and now he's rubbing his eye ALOT so I think maybe surgery not working =( have butterflies in my stomach thinking about it. I really hope your little man's eye responds to drops and you are able to avoid more surgery.

    You just need to look at his beautiful smiling face though to know that no matter what it's all going to be alright...

    Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter is now 13 and had a uniltarel cataract, I really enjoyed reading your story,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...