Monday, January 9, 2012

Settling in


The New Year is
settling in
and so are
the new feelings
of living with
glaucoma.


Admittingly
it took me
a moment
to process
all that came
with 2012.


There were a few
sleepless nights
a few moments
of panic
worry
fear
where does glaucoma
begin
and a toddler
wearing a contact
and a patch
end?!


But on the other hand
there were also
moments of strength
of encouragement
and determination.


Many thanks
to those who are
praying
praying for my baby boy
that his vision
isn't stolen
taken away
by more
random
circumstance.


Sometimes I feel
so helpless
that his Eye
his glaucoma
is the one
in control
so I decided to
reach out
make all this worth
something
at least
feel like that
anyway...


I submitted a post
to Little Four Eyes
a great website
for parents of children
with vision concerns.


My most popular post
Dear Easton
to me
it speaks
to every parent
who knows
what is best
for their child
but also knows
that the best
isn't always
the easiest.


It made me feel
better.
I also learned that
January is
Glaucoma Awareness Month
who knew?!
so I took it
as a sign
that I did
the right thing.
I hope it helps
someone
feel better.


I also read
the last sentence
of a random book
sitting on the coffee table
at my Mom's house
it said
the only thing a human
needs to do
is wait and hope.
Random?!


So in the light
of staying positive
I will wait
and
I will hope
that in the end
what will be
is meant to be
obviously
I hope
Easton will see.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of times, I don't think that your kiddos look a lot a like. I mean you can see the family resemblance. That last photo though. Their profiles are very similar. Such sweeties.

    Love the new patches. Cuteness. Love that they are coloring. Austin still eats the crayons. haha

    I am still praying the drops work for Easton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so grown up coloring at the table! I loved the post the first time and I loved it again on LittleFourEyes. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...