Monday, September 17, 2012

Believe

And so I
return
back to the blog
the reason why
I started blogging
is the reason
is the inspiration
to write
to post
about
the Eye
always
about the Eye

Life is busy
but busy good
at the end
of each day
I want to write
I want to post
but the energy
is never there
 

as I sit tonight
kids still awake
just put to bed
kitchen still dirty
lunches still to pack
bags still to organize
shower still to take
art lessons still to review
but
I feel the urge
I feel the energy
I feel the priority
I need to get it out
I need the support



I believe in energy
I believe in power
I believe in prayer
and I wouldn't ask
if I didn't believe
but it's time
time to reach out
time to take in
time to think of him
 

I don't mean
to make a mountain
of a mole hill
but Easton
Easton is going in
for sugery
Strabismus surgery
to be exact
this was expected
at some point
and that point
is now
is this Thursday
 


We had yet another
Eye apt. today
and thankfully
all is good
glaucoma is there
glaucoma is managed
continue with the drops
gonna stay with current
contact prescription
revisit possible change
and addition of bi-focals
in six months
we studied the pics
he sat, he saw, he said
vision is
developing
this is all good

I continue to be
amazed
at his age appropriate
cooperation
I continue to be
so proud
 

One might be
wondering

what is Strabismus
basically when the eyes
look wacky and
don't line up
they are not
being used together
Easton's vision strength
is so different
in each eye
therefore his eye
muscle strength
is so different
in each eye

He does not
fuse the vision
from both eyes
together
he either uses
the weak eye
when patched
or the strong eye
when not patched
the surgery will "tweek"
his eye muscle
alignment
and the hope is
to give him
the use of both eyes
together
to gain
more peripheral vision
and possible fusion
of both eye images
he will not see
he will never see
three-dimensional
depth, space perception
but he will see
better
we hope
we pray



Please think of us
Please think of him
I know this is a
minor, routine
same day
procedure
but I have to
let him go
I have to trust
that this is right
and that everything
will be ok
I have to
believe

I have been trying
to stay strong
I will be strong
but I believe
in the strength
of others
and I believe
in the power of
the blog
haha that sounds
so silly
but really and truly
this journey
our journey
to see the distance
has become
much clearer
much stonger
much easier
with all of you
yes yes, my fellow
imoms
but everyone else too
you know who
you all are
thank you
I have felt
your thoughts
your energy
your prayers
now more than ever

 

The transition
from blogging mom
to working mom
has not been easy
and while I still
struggle to find
 

my place
 

my voice
 

my time
one thing hasn't
changed
my commitment
to see the distance
that I will do
that we will do
together



So enough
for tonight
much to still do
I will stay strong
and Easton
thanks you!

8 comments:

  1. I will pray hard for this surgery to be easy on you and Easton! No surgery is ever easy when it is your baby. Be prepared for lots of nausea (for him and probably you, too!) But you both are strong and this will help his vision! I will think of you all day on Thursday and hope that it is a breeze for you all.
    I'm so glad you posted tonight! I needed to soak in some fellow eye mom experiences!
    E and A are both so adorable and you are such a good mom! I love the baseball shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the potty shots, too! You are one brave mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dying here. I am scared and hopeful for you. It is never an easy surgery, if it is your baby. EVER!!! So prayers are going up for Easton, for you, and for the surgical team. I am praying for peace for you, great results and an easy recovery for Easton, and steady hands for the doc. Much love.... GO YOU FOR POTTY TRAINING.... Brave soul with two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surgery is never minor when you are handing over your baby. So cry a little, be nervous and get all the emotions out. It is okay to feel.

    I am praying for you both. I have to admit, I am a bit jealous - I am ready for Julia to have strabismus surgery. I want her to see with both eyes. But I know it comes in due time - and Easton's time is now.

    You are adjusting beautifully and your love, your committment, your energy, your spirit - they show in your kids. They are happy, healthy, smart and adorable! This is not by accident. You are not parenting by default. You are purposeful and meaningful in your choices and parenting.

    And btw...they look adorable on the potty. Potty training is super fun isn't it (hear my sarcasm). Is Easton sitting sideways on the potty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I feel I should clarify, the potty pics... that is what I call "potty exposure" NOT potty training! :) This week marked a milestone in our first attempt to begin to link the language with the practice. There is no routine and no expectation. Honestly I have no idea what I am doing and I don't feel any of us are even really "ready." BUT it was a first and they looked darn cute on the potty so I couldn't resist snapping a few pics!!! Yes, Easton is sitting sideways and sat for all of 5 seconds. Azalea loves the potty and will request and sit for extended periods of time. Of course as always, complete opposites! Neither has yet to actually "go" on the potty. Maybe I should have just made this comment it's own post?! HA

    On a more serious note, THANK YOU to EVERYONE who is thinking of us this week. A post-op post coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Austin was like Azalea. He wanted to sit on the potty every time Blake did. He was trained within two weeks. Austin went through a couple days where he didn't want to take the time to go. I didn't stop putting underwear on him. He didn't like the wet feeling. Best of luck!!! Maybe if Azalea gets it, Easton will want to as well. :) One can always hope.

      Delete
  6. The expression he is making in the first glasses pic is literally too much. Precious does not even begin to describe it.

    I will be thinking about you until we see a post op post! Which means, you better find some energy somewhere that night to let us know all went well! Of course, we will all know it went well, but it will be nice to see.

    It will be hard, but you are a NICU mama, a blogging mama, a mama of twins (potty training twins!), a working mama and most importantly, an imama:) With training like that, you have already won this battle!

    Prayers and hugs coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a good appointment with Easton! We will most definitely be thinking of you from here. Everything will be ok!!
    Totally love all the pics. Your kids are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...