Saturday, May 25, 2013

mothering moments

May
oh May
so much of
May
has been about

moments



mothering moments




real moments




defining moments

 

moments of May

this month
has felt momentous
has felt monotonous
like climbing mountains
mountains in the mundane
mountains in each moment



and really
what is in a moment
what makes it a memory

 

I've never been
more aware of such
moments
until I could see them
in my mothering

 

these moments
old and new
each shaping you

 

me
them
me affecting them
them affecting me

 

the give
the take
the life created
the struggle
the triumph

 


all in a moment
like music class
milestones


pride


theirs and mine
moment of achievement


mastery


mothering moment


then there were
there are moments
remembered
forever 


expressions of love
experiences unforgettable


mothering is rich
textured
gritty
woven with


planned moments


and unexpected experiences


twins


toddler twins


terrible
terrific
TWO's


all aboard
we have arrived


the time is now
triggers
of yesterday's memories
tracks
toward tomorrow


we will continue
chugging along
together
we have each other


grateful
in these moments


mothering moments

5 comments:

  1. Mothering moments indeed! I love how you breakdown a crazy, busy life into these precious moments. Remembering what's important! The last pic is precious. Since meeting you in September, I feel like A and E have grown so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such little sweeties. They seem to be growing too quickly. The same phenomenon is occurring at my house. Thomas comes to our town-ish in June. It is about an hour away. I don't think we are going this year. So cool though! Blake loved it when he went.

    All the pictures are adorable. But that last one is heart melting, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking so grown up! Starting to really look like "kids" and not "toddlers." Where has the time gone? Love the pics and your reflection on motherhood. Being a mom is so much more than I could have dreamed or imagined and yet feels like home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pics! I liked your thoughts on mothering and the moments as they pass us by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my...those facial expressions in the music class! I think they have such honest ways of sharing their excitement and I love seeing it!

    Thomas looks like fun-love the pics of the 2 of them together. Absolutely precious and worth every ounce of hard work that comes with being a mother!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...