Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Not the same

So I'm home
and it's a bit
bittersweet
loving the time
knowing the time
is limited
admittingly there was
an adjustment
I had to increase
my level of
patience
but really it wasn't long
before we all
fell back into
our familiar 
daily routine
of knowing
Momma's home
and here to stay
what a wonderful day

LOVE happy accidents, like her hand!!!

our mornings
are lazy
I love LOVE
my alarm
the sweet sounds
of them
singing
yesterday it was
Easton
every word
every song
that we sing together
each night
Daddy and Bubby
Mommy and Sissy
Nelly at our feet
first always, the ABC's
then Barney's
I love you song
then Happy Birthday
those three
in that order
are a must
and that is what
I heard that morning



anyway, the sound
of him was so sweet
I wanted to grab
my phone and record it
but once I actually
woke up enough
to realize it
Azalea started singing
with him... and well
that wasn't allowed
"No, No Zalea
it goes like this..."

He attacks her in the most gentle, loving, brotherly way... but he attacks her!
she did get her
morning moment
today, he was
still sleeping
so she took
the opportunity
and started singing
she not only knows
the songs
the words
but the melody
the long notes
the short notes
girlfriend puts together
her own re-mix, no joke
it is simply the best

Talking, singing, explaining everything, all day long... such a girl!
it makes me think
of how far
we have come
I remember hearing
simple cooing
giggles, silly monkeys
dada mama baba
and every waking
morning in between
it fills my heart
to know
to see
to hear
how they have grown
but it saddens me too
now I wake
from a real alarm
and the morning
moves... fast
I wake them
instead of them
waking me
I sing, You are my Sunshine
but it's
Not the same
a simple reminder
of how life
has changed
I know we still have
weekends
but it's
Not the same

Told him to stop attacking her, so now he is attacking the air...
don't get me wrong
I actually do
love my job
and I really don't mind
being a working mom
it was an adjustment
obviously
but we have managed
and it is working
being home though, now
as nice as it is
it is almost harder
realizing
all the little things
I am missing



if anything this break
is slowing me down
helping me see
giving me perspective
to charish
to embrace
each and every
second
soak it up
and ring it out
and bathe in
these moments
I am so blessed
I have to remember
I have to rejoice
these feelings
need to fuel me
through the next
challenging chapter

The only "outfit" pic I could get of them looking like twins, ha!
Easton's last Eye apt.
with our original PO
is Monday
and ironically
Easton's EUA
with our new PO
is Tuesday
to say these events
arn't weighing on me
is a lie
but I am trying
truly to push it all
away
and stay forever
in today



when I say it's
Not the same
it's not a bad thing
it's just different
life changes
and so should we
at least I know
when it comes to
Easton and Life
with his Eye... it's
Not the same
we have accepted
this journey
we have grown into
this journey
we are more confident
in traveling to the end of
this journey



the contact
Easton can now say
"let me blink it on"
he knows I have to
put it in his Eye
but he can feel
when it is on his Eye
and he knows he
can control that with
his Eye movement
and blinking
AMAZING
I simply could not
see this day
when I was leaning
over his infant face
terrified to wake him
from his sleep
while shaking crying
cringing at every
attempt to get it in
no less on his Eye



the patch
Easton can now say
"it's not sticking"
he will come to me
or to his daycare lady
and request a new patch
he will press on
his patched eye
or even my eye
and count to 10
on his own
lately he has been
telling me
"I have two eyes"
"I have one eye"
almost as if he is
unsure or questioning
I reassure him
you have two eyes baby
you will always have
TWO eyes
when we put the patch on
you are using one eye
you have one eye, right now
just while patching
honestly, it breaks my heart
typing this makes me
choke up
it is always a punch
to the gut
when he realizes
his condition
on a new level of
understanding
mostly tears of pride
but some of sadness
an added bonus
he is getting his first
lesson in math  ;)



the glasses
Easton can now say
"put my glasses on"
he knows
he wants
his glasses on
after the patch
comes off
not sure if it's
the routine or
the vision
that is prompting this
but either way
I'll take it

Love this pic because it is NOT in focus.
 as you can see it's
Not the same
I am anticipating
more change
on the horizon
his prescriptions
might change at this
next Eye apt.
new contact for distance
bi-focal glasses
for all day wear
and of course
the pressure
please God
give him good pressures
at this point
I am prepared
for anything
I am not ignorant
to the game of chance
that is glaucoma
but regardless
of any pressure
I am hopful
I have faith
that we will
react accordingly

Her best friend... the boo boo bunny.
and that my friends
is me trying
really trying to
stay positive
lets not dwell on
all that is possible
potential harm



I am happliy
going to wish
our beloved PO
farewell
I might ask a few
questions
just because I know
I prefer her answers
I am going to
wake the next morning
anxious for
reassuring answers
and continue to plan on
everything working out
in the end
because
that is what
seeing the distance
is all about
see
even I am
Not the same


10 comments:

  1. I love how active your kids are and how involved you are with them. Always there to capture their moments!
    I'm a little teary, a little panicked reading your post knowing what Monday brings. My list of questions is looong, but I want to hear her answers too. Change is hard.... For us and for our kids, but we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we run into each other again... I might need another "real" imom hug! :)

      Delete
  2. I have to say I am a little jealous...scratch that...a lot jealous. Easton asks to have his patch FIXED??? We have gone from a one a day patch to almost 10. Hoping it's an age related thing and not a vision issue. My poor Momma has to sit with her for hours. And the lens. Ugh. Back to swaddling. Praying it's just a short run of terrible twos. So happy for you. The kids are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla by no means do we have perfect days everyday, I know you know that. I'm sorry Nicole is having such a hard time lately, it is always heartbreaking to see them struggle no matter how long we have been doing this. I truly hope this IS just a stage... hang in there imomma, you are awesome(and so is your mom)! (((hugs)))

      Delete
    2. It is her age! That is the hardest time-hang in there!!!

      Delete
  3. So glad you get some time with them. You are an amazing woman doing a GREAT job with your kiddos and your job that pays in a paycheck!

    The asking for the patch to be fixed is how it started with Austin preferring his aphakic eye, instead of just ripping it off. Then it got to where if he did rip it off, he asked for another. He still covers up the normal eye to look at things to an extent. One week without a patch I think I am noticing him doing it less. A little more time will tell that tale. BEST of luck! Appointments are so hard not to think about constantly. Pressures... I pray they are low and normal... (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Missy! I appreciate the info behind Austin's story, which still amazes me. ;) So far, Easton is still excited when the patch does actually come off AND certainly once it is off, he does NOT ask for it back. LOL Two of our ikiddos with results like yours would be a miricle... if only?!

      Delete
  4. It's so good to see that they eventually get the patch thing....or at least know they have to wear them! I look forward to that day! I'm glad I've discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE their matching shirts and how their differences are starting to develop. The pics of him attacking her are priceless. She will be so tough because of him and he will be even sweeter because of her. What a great combination!

    Please keep us posted on the news from the appts!

    So glad that you are having some good days where he realizes that the patch/glasses are part of his life. They make the bad days so much better, don't they??

    And, he does have TWO eyes!! Two perfect eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things went well for you today. Your kids are just plain awesome. I know it will be hard to see your PO go, but I am sure you are in good hands. Praying for the EUA and LOW pressures. I'm a bit jealous of the asking for the patch too but I know we are just in a tough age. Keep us posted on the appointment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...