Tuesday, February 12, 2013

love.

oh to blog
or not to blog
that is the question
of course the answer 
is always
I want to blog
but life
that list of priorities
seems to get in the way
and maybe 
just maybe 
a small percent 
is me avoiding
how to move on
after my last post
 

I have to admitt
it felt good
to just let it out
but then the feelings
all things EYE
lingered
left my heart
heavy
the worry
the fear
the unknown
surfaced
stayed
until I was able
to really box it
back up
and put it away
for another day
when this journey
rattles my soul, again
and out it will pop
like a jack-in-the-box
do I really have to
state that I hate
that toy


is it crazy
of me to say
that my mom/teacher self
actually went all the way
to think that on
day one
week one
of kindergarten
I want to bring in
a box of patches
for the whole class
to educate
to experience
to express empathy
towards Easton's Eye


I honestly jumped
that far ahead
and maybe a little
over the edge
but its that fear
that I will do anything
protective
proactive
instinctive
feeling of fear
that keeps me up
and holds me down
all at the same time


but then I saw
him
and I saw
her
fearless
free
and it inspired
me


to just keep going
to just keep loving
to allow them
to continue
to make their own path
to find their own way
and when they get lost
and when they get hurt
I will be there
my love will be here
I will be their
safe place
to fall
to feel


I don't need to have
all the answers
I don't need to know
what the future holds
all I do know is
my love is fierce
my love is a force
and my love
is really all
I have 
all that they
really need

so enough of
all that
let's get to
the good stuff
the sweet stuff
like cupcakes


on a random Saturday


the weekend before


Valentine's Day


I mean really
why not
try all three


tasted good... see!


this would be
them playing house
outside


after 18 inches of snow
in a 24 hour period


thank you
snow storm Nemo


she had fun


he had fun


they had fun
snow is simply
fun
especially when you decide
to face plant and swim
on your stomach in it


lots of new
indoor activity
as well
jumping over
jumping on
anything


jumping together


running


racing


reading






and lastly
a lil holiday
crafting
 

obviously EYE love
this Valentine idea


they both
enjoyed "signing"
their Valentines
with a pen


Happy Valentines Day
after all is said
and done
hope you are left
feeling nothing but
love.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cards! So sweet. Love the signatures.

    The wishing that people understood and sympathized, makes me crazy sometimes. I have to shut it down. Put it in a box as you said. It is the only way to deal with it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always TO blog!!

    Love the jumping pics and the crazy amount of snow that you all got! I cannot imagine!

    I worry about Anderson at school, too. I will say that I feel a lot better after noticing how he is so nonchalant when people ask about it. He literally just does not seem phased and I know that is because he is little, but I am going to try to keep it that way.

    Our babies will be so much more resilient than most kids! My heart breaks for the kids who don't start wearing a patch until they are 5 because then they know a difference, you know?

    Love, love the art project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I dread the first day of kindergarten. Just like you, I have to box up those emotions or they begin to consume me. Mallory just started patching so I don't have has many battles about keeping the patch as I do about where we will be when she's wearing her patch. She does know she's different and that is hard. Since Mallory will be the first to go to kindergarten, I'll keep you posted on how it goes ;-)
    Keep being the super imom and embracing who your kids are. Love the valentines!
    By the way, I'm coming to your house on the weekends... Cupcakes for lunch, heart pancakes for breakfast and art projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to play at your house! You guys are always doing something fun.

    Sometimes to function you do have to just box it up. You take the feelings out, let them get messy, and when it is time, you put them back away neatly. Unfortunately, my don't always come out at the most opportune times.

    The great thing is that we are not doing this "EYE" thing alone. We have each other. I feel blessed to have the youngest and learn from all you imoms.

    The pics are awesome (as always). Love the one of Azalea mid-flight with her pigtails like wings.

    I love blogging too - but sometimes life is too busy. Thank goodness for instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI.Sometimes I wish that Olaf could stay as he is now,so I always be around to protect him.I want have to answer the questions why his eye is different.Im happy that we live in London now.In every school and class there is always child with special needs,so is normal for others childrens.(More afraid of teenyears) Photos are great and Yours childrens are super cute.see you on instagram(myszka81)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...