Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Patience

This year
January
has been about
Patience
waiting
for results
waiting
for snow.


There is a saying,
good things come
to those
who wait.

I've learned
this lesson
once before
three years later
I was blessed with
my babies.

So we shall continue
to wait
wait for the retreat
of glaucoma
wait for restored vision
in his Eye
BUT
the snow is here!

Some of us
enjoyed it
and some of us
did not.


But to be fair
she needed time
don't we all
when we experience
something new
our responses
can vary
certainly crying
is one way
I've dealt with
something new.

This girl
deals with life
slowly
but surely
whether it's
being born
being held
learning to eat
learning to move
feeling grass
feeling water
she just
needs time.


I can totally
relate
change
growth
new stuff
like fluffy white snow
these things
are hard
and so is
patience
especially when
you really don't know
where it all
will lead you to.



This one though
he is
not afraid
never has been
wasn't long
till he was
plowing through
the white stuff
like a little Eskimo.

He would fall



and get right back
up
with stuffy snow pants on
and all
that's what he does
that's what he has
always done.

Life
pushed him down
before he even knew
how to get
back up
and he still
does it anyway.



He just
brushes himself off
and gets back
in the game.

And game there was
watching
our crazy dog
try
to climb
a tree!


Truly
she is trying
to jump
and climb
the tree.


Lesson learned
try
try and fail
try and succeed
nothing is accomplished 
unless you
try.

She started to try


She touched the snow.
He tried
to taste the snow.


The dog
didn't get up
the tree
but she had fun
trying.


I tried 
to get a good shot 
of both of them
together enjoying 
the snow
this is my 
best shot.


I tried.
I am trying
to be 
patient
to just 
relax
embrace
enjoy


each moment
whether the result
is good
or bad
there is 
peace 
in 
patience.


And look who 
is smiling
in the 
snow!

3 comments:

  1. Love the snow pics! Your posts are always so insightful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very adorable kiddos you have there. Love the Azalea smile picture. She is so beautiful.

    I want to say straight away to preface the next part of this comment, that I wouldn't want either of my children to have a cataract at birth. It is a harrowing experience for all involved. God knew what he was doing with my kids and this condition. Austin is calm and can take on the world. He isn't afraid. Almost to the point that it is scary for me. He is determined, confident, and ready to take on anything that I have thrown at him. He is not afraid of strangers. On the other hand, Blake would have been terrified to have anything near his face. He still freaks out when I cut his toe nails. He is scared of his own shadow. He is smart and talented and compassionate, but he is terrified of something or anything bad that might happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow pics. They are just too cute. I think it is so fun to observe their different personalities. It is so perfect that they are so different and provide such balance for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...