Friday, January 27, 2012

the skeleton

 

I know 
I know
I'm obsessed 
the chalk
the board
havn't we had
enough already!
 

I can't 
help it

one part fun
 

two parts cuteness
 

three parts therapeutic
  

Although yes, I am an
Art Teacher
when I am not a 
Full-time MOM
I also have a degree in
Art Therapy
hence 
the photography
the artwork
the poetry
the emotion
all in one
big blog
and this post...

the chalk 
started speaking 
to me.



First of all 
Nannu came over
yesterday
that would be 
my Dad
Hello man with
hairy tattooed forearm!




He likes
tattoos
skeletons
Art
and many other things.  ;)
Of course he had to
draw with the kids
on the new
chalkboard.

This would be
his creation


just a snap shot
of an ever changing
work of Art
but today
it feels like
more...

two flowers
one big 
one little
just like my
little flowers

the skeleton
is over 
the big flower
but including
the little one 
as well.

the skeleton
is
the Eye
his Eye
built in
part of 
the original structure
over him
over us
overwhelming
at times.

the skeleton
is not preventing
the flowers
from growth
from beauty
in fact it is 
the source
from which
the rest 
of the body
is held
a symbol of 

strength
balance
endurance

like the rock
bones too
carry us
but they do not 
define us.


the skeleton 
seems friendly
reaching out
waving
the Eye
can be friendly
it's growing
it's seeing
but as we all know
skeletons have
darksides
and so does
the Eye.

I am feeling 
the darkside
a little more
these days
ahem glaucoma
and especially today
the Eye
and it's sidekick
the contact lens
kicked me real good
right in the stomach.

Occupational Therapy
was here today
for lunch with Azalea
(she by the way
is doing fantastic)
Easton rubbed his Eye
the lens fell out
patch still on
food all over face
hands dirty
oh just imagine
I washed my hands
had OT hold his
and we, well I
got the lens back in
all while he still sat 
in his highchair
this was a first!

But the whole fiasco
left me feeling
well I was shaking
literally
something about 
putting the lens in
in front of someone 
new?
especially when
let's just say
it didn't go in 
easily
so she got to see
the darkside
and I felt like 
the skeleton
the cruel contact shoving
momster.

I know 
I know I'm not
and I know 
OT didn't think that
but I felt it
I felt like 
the skeleton
the source
the person who
stands over him
overwhelms him
forces 
shoves
pries
into his Eye.

Let's top this off 
with a little more
salt in the wound
not an hour later
he went down 
for a nap
only to wake 
without the contact 
tried to find it
no luck
hubby home 
he finds it
shattered 
in the carpet 
in his bedroom
ohhhhh
the joy
the fun
of 
the skeleton.


PS.  I will try 
to resist 
the urge 
to post
more chalk pics
but I am not
making any
promises. 

4 comments:

  1. Contact drama sucks... I am sorry that it was squished. I had to insert a contact and place the patch on Austin in front of grandparents, aunts and uncles over Christmas break. They might not actually be horrified, but I feel like they are. Of course Austin had a horrible time with it that day.

    I like the chalk board pictures. I see no reason to stop posting them. :)

    The Eye is like a skeleton in a lot of ways. It is our own little horror story... How are the drops coming? Is he getting used to that added nastiness? :/ When will you know if they are working? You might have said, I just can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact drama definitely sucks! The eye drops are going fine actually, part of our routine now. He plays with a toy while I try to be quick, he's actually pretty good about them. We have another eye Dr. apt. a week from Monday... I'm trying not to ride the roller coaster and get my hopes up too high. We shall see.

      Delete
    2. I can't seem to get off the roller coaster when something big is coming up. It is impossible for me not to think about something like that.

      I am hoping for a specific answer for you that day. You know a definite "The drops are working," or "They are not working." Obviously the first one is the best thing to hear, but I hate to leave an appointment not knowing something. Wishing Easton and you hear great things next Monday!

      Delete
  2. the chalk pics rock! I love the skeletons:)

    I am so, so sorry for the contact drama. I can tell yon that you are NOT a bad "momster", but, rather, the awesome kind who saves the day by rescuing from the really evil monsters (eye problems) out there:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...