Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vox

Our weekly trips
to the babysitter's house
are starting to become
routine.

Honestly 
I looked forward 
to the day
those two hours
that I could just 
breathe
exhale
clean
organize
my thoughts
and 
my house.

Each week
it was easy 
for me
drop em off
and go.
Each week
it got easier 
for them
a little more
comfortable
a little less
concern.

This week
the tables turned
they were already
into the toys
music on
dance party started
before I was even
out the door.

As I pulled away
in fact, before then
as I was 
getting them dressed
to go
I felt it
the twinge
I'm gonna miss em.

I mean really
this sight


How could I
not?!
They are people now.
They are fun.
They are work
but way more fun
now.

According to Azalea
they have "vox" on
that would translate to
socks
my socks to be exact
helping me with the laundry
turned into a fashion show.


We are in a
language explosion
at the moment
everyday they seem to
understand that much
more.

She tries to say
everything
she can make
the "s" sound
but socks
always comes out
vox
and I laugh
every time.


He loves to
make noises
every and any
noise.
He tries to speak
different words too
but he copies
every noise he hears
some of the noises
I don't even notice
until I hear him
trying to repeat it.



I put this pic in
well one because
it's cute
this kid can manage to make
pink socks
cuddly pillows
and blankets
look well... manly
he is all boy.

But also because
of the way he is looking
with his head turned
he does this a lot
when not patched
he leads with his bad eye
to see?
I would think
he would lead with his good?
if at all?
Does anyone else's
little people
with one good eye
do this?


And lastly
the newest
chalkboard creation
I finally found a good use
for my cream and sugar set!
I have had many things
in this creamer
but never cream.



 


I'm starting to wonder
why I didn't just paint
to the end of the wall?
I still might?!

8 comments:

  1. These are definitely some of my favorite pics! I love, love the vox!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I have to say it too. I love the vox. Very Adorable.

    Austin leads with his bad eye at times. It is usually for about half an hour after the patch is off and then he will look straight on at something. Never thought about it, but now that I do, it does seem wrong. I guess that means they are using, right? I hope anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Missy. Of course I'm over here closing one eye opening the other tilting my head... trying to figure it out. Sometimes I think he does it just cuz he is shy? Who knows, I might bring it up to the Dr. just to see what she thinks?

      Delete
  3. Ok...Imma try this again.
    Hi, my name is Tanya and my 7 month old daughter has persistant fetal vascular syndrome. I was looking for support and someone I could talk to. Everleigh was diagnosed at 1 month with PFVS and had surgery at 6 weeks old. She has to wear a contact (when I can get it in) and glasses along with patching. Please feel free to contact me. It would be nice to talk to someone going through something similar.
    toonerelli@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me Tanya, welcome! Feel free to visit some of the other blogs I follow... fellow Eye Moms, as we call ourselves. Karla, An Ounce of Luck... she has a daughter, Nicole with PFV as well. All the rest of us have boys. ;) Check your email, I'm looking forward to hearing more and I hope we can offer you some of that support you are looking for.

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda
    I have left a few comments on your blog in the past but i should introduce myself too. My name is Natasha and I live in Australia I have a 11mo son Isaiah who was diagnosed at 1 week with Phpv. Surgery at 8 weeks to remove cataract he wears a contact and currently we patch 6 hours a day. Although some days it feels like 20. He also developed glaucoma at 6 months and had surgery for it which at the moment seems to be working. Although we had another scare a few weeks back.

    Are you a member of the PHPV Facebook support group? I noticed a post today about how one of the mum's went through a period where she noticed that her little boy was starting to become dominant with his PHPV eye. They had to stop patching for a few weeks. Just thought this might be of some help regarding what you were saying about Easton leading with his phpv eye. May not be related at all but I thought it might help.

    If you havn't found the facebook group yet Tanya it's really helpful too. The group is called "people with persistant hyperplastic primary viterous unite"
    It was through there I found Karla's blog and then Amanda's It has made such a difference in dealing with it all.
    I think the vox rock!! So Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha, thanks for introducing yourself. :) Australia WOW... that's what I think is so cool about all this internet stuff. I am so glad people are finding me and each other, it just makes all this feel that much more normal (even though nothing about it is, ha). I will definitely check out the Facebook group, even though I am probably the last person on this planet that is still not a member. I also really appreciate your comment about Easton's head turn. I never even thought about it that way, I am definitely bringing it up to the Dr. next time! We are headed there soon to see how the pressure is since using the eye drops for his glaucoma. It is comforting to know that you are finding success after the surgery, especially if we end up having to take that route... stay tuned.

      Delete
  5. The internet is so fantastic..makes the world a smaller place for sure. I don't think we would have ever have "met" anyone with phpv if it did not exist. The title of the group is "People with Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous (PHPV) Unite". sorry about my spelling in last message...am not that great a speller.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...