Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Six Weeks

She's a princess, even when crowned with a crib sheet!


It just dawned on me
I havn't woke up
and taken a shower
in over a year!
I mean,
I've taken a shower.  ;)
But only after
the kids are napping
or sleeping.
He. loves. laundry.


My mornings
consist of
diaper changes
contact insertion
breakfast n bottles
coffee n playtime
get the kids dressed
and after all that
the morning is over.
No where in there
is a morning shower.
They think they are so free with no clothes on!


I like morning showers.
I miss morning showers.
But I also
LOVE my kids!
They have now
officially
been under our roof
and care
for one year.

Ok so I staged this... but still, it's cute!

Seems crazy
to think that
since their birthday
all the way
to today
(a year ago)
that we were all
finally
together again.
Look carefully they make the shape of a heart, so sweet!


Six weeks
to be exact.
Is that a long time
a short time
I guess it depends.
Technically
they were home
by their due date
Nov. 9th.
A year ago this brought her home, now it's just a toy.


But to live
six weeks
a year ago
and then realize
six weeks
today,
it just gives
October
a whole new
dimension.

October
was such a blur
last year,
literally it was
the blur
of watching
Fall unfold
behind the window
of a car
driving
everyday
to the NICU.
You would never know this kid is wearing a patch.


This year
October
was amazing.
The kids just
seemed to blossom
more and more
everyday
something new
like watching
each brightly colored leaf
fall from a tree
one by one
day by day.
She finally figured it out... bat hits the ball.


To think it was
the same amount
of time
six weeks
but it feels like a
world of difference!

Happy 25th Birthday
Jonathan Verity
your Family and Friends
love and miss you
everyday.

I still believe
you brought
my family 
home.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of them where they form a heart with their bodies. Too sweet!

    Austin loves laundry. Especially after it is folded. :) I try to put it up high enough to avoid folding again.

    Azalea is so serious when she is concentrating. I love her little face. You can see she is working hard on learning something new.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...