Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm 31

Mom email me 
this 
yesterday...

Great Courage

You have great courage. Use it.
Whenever you feel fear, 
you are also feeling your potential for courage. 
Go ahead, feel the fear, 
and then let that courage of yours spring to life.
The fact that you can feel the fear 
means you also have the courage to get beyond it. 
Otherwise, the fear would serve no useful purpose.
Put that fear to good use 
by allowing it to ignite your courage. 
Put that courage to good use 
by utilizing it to move toward positive, meaningful objectives.
Feel the fear and know it means you have the courage. 
Learn from that fear and then 
step forward with all that courage.
The beginning of courage feels like fear. 
Follow through on that feeling, 
let the courage come, 
and with it you will achieve great things.
— Ralph Marston

Her thoughts were with
Easton and taking care of
his Eye.

Makes sense.
I love you Mom.

I think this message
can apply to any situation
and wanted to share.

For me, its interesting
that it appeared
the day before
my 31st Birthday.
Not that my birthday
scares me,
but the concept
of getting older
kinda does.


Entering my 30's
not anymore
31 officially means
I have arrived.
Motherhood
comes to mind.
Scary!
Do I feel 31?
Do I feel
like a mother?
Sometimes.


Certainly my youth
is over.
Teenage years
gone.
Crazy 20's
are behind me.
But in my mind
my heart
my soul
I still feel
well... young.

Sometimes even
in a clueless
I have no idea
what I'm doing
kinda way.


So when I see
this message on
fear and how
it creates
great courage.

I guess that is what
this next decade
is going to be about
Embracing
getting older
Embracing
motherhood

Embracing
my fears
Finding the strength
to push through.


I like the sound of
Courageous

I can do this
I am doing this
I'm 31.

5 comments:

  1. "The fact that you can feel the fear
    means you also have the courage to get beyond it."

    I LOVE IT!!

    I love the Eye. Always capitalized in our world, too.

    31 is awesome. It's just another year to accomplish great things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope it is awesome. Love the pjs. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Amanda: Happy Birthday! Yes, growing old is not for the faint of heart. However, you are only aging; it’s not the same as senescent. You’re still in the early adulthood stage of life- a grand one, I might add. You can expect more maturity and more wisdom, albeit you were born having more than your fair shares of these. You’re amassing criteria for ‘optimal aging’. It goes beyond the idea of ‘successful aging’ (functionally well physically, mentally, socially) and considers the ability to cope and deal with adversity. Further, because you give with a heart of love the aging process for you is assured to be a happy one. “Give, and it will be given to you: a good measure, pressed down and shaken together and overflowing, they will place upon your lap. Certainly, the same measure that you use to measure out will be used to measure back to you again.” Luke 6:38 Love your Godmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share another thing my friend...a BIRTHDAY!! lol...although I'm 3 years ahead of you. And even funnier another Canadian mom who's little one is in the same boat has a birthday on Friday!
    I just came down from settling Nicole and Lilia yells at me that she just did my card and that Daddy hid it over there (in our dining room LOL)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!
    I did think it applied with you & Easton but do agree it certainly applies to alot of situations. So embrace your age and wisdom and courage - it only gets better.
    lots of love - always - Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...