Friday, August 26, 2011

Grateful

I really don't know
what is cuter...
her, with her finally chubby cheeks
and newly sprouted pony atop her head
OR the perfectly printed pink giraffe
seeing the distance
in style and with bling?!
Yes, I know.

Her!
She knows,
trust me
that she's cute!  :)
AND
the distance that we've traveled
that we are still traveling
and will continue to travel.
The giraffe is just the reminder
of how we continue to
see the distance
with
love
and gratitude.

I am feeling grateful.
We've come this far.
What a distance it's been.
But we are here.
And I finally can see
that the distance
as unknown as it may be
is nothing we can't travel
if we do it
together.

These two
together
have taught me
how to
see the distance.
Even when obstacles get in the way
we have each other
to help us
overcome.
Sure time helps
reflecting on the journey.
But when your walking
through the moment
and  it seems like there is
no end in sight
reach out
and someone
or something
will show you the way.

Nothing gets in his way.
He does it all
with one eye
with one contact
with one sticky patch on his face.
But he doesn't do it
alone.
We are here.
His sister is here.
He is
seeing the distance!

Dare I say
our life is becoming
normal.
Easton lets me put the contact in.
There is no more crying.
There is no more resistance.
He just knows
the routine
the contact
is his normal.
The patching is manageable.
And I know that it may get harder
as he gets older.
But that is in the distance
and right now
I am seeing the distance
my children have shown me
all pink and glittery
with love
and gratitude.




6 comments:

  1. :) This post makes me smile. The fuzzy hair in the last picture is awesome. Love the pigtail. If I had a girl. She would totally have a pigtail as soon as her hair would allow. I am so glad it is getting easy to insert the contact. A routine always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great perspective you wrote about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, I have to say I miss your blog. I followed a lot of blogs through you so now I have to do my own stalking, ha. Glad to see you are still commenting even if not posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss it too. It was very cathartic. I am still writing just not online... I read my "friends" blogs daily. I am trying to see if stalker guy will leave me alone if I disappear from the internet. Send me your email and I will update you on what the second opinion doc said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babies are too stinkin' adorable! Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm so glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...