Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yoga is amazing!

I miss it.
I truly do.
the supplies
the classroom
the students
I know what I am doing
is important though.
I am raising
my children.
I can return to work
but I can't return
to their childhood.
So I brought the classroom to them.
Well tried anyway...
big paper taped to the floor
a crayon for each of us
they watched, I scribbled
they attempted, I applauded
they moved on qucikly
I got my fix.
They made more marks
on the crayons
than they did on the paper!
What can I say
an artist has to start somewhere
getting to know your materials
intimately
doesn't hurt.
I have to say
there is something about this tree.
It calls me
us to it.
On our way there
the wind speaks.
Nature begins to say hello.
A beautiful monarch butterfly
crossed the street with us.
And two more butterflies
danced with us across the field
as we made our way there.
Then we have moments
where the sun peaks through
and I feel so blessed.
This tree shares
it's roots
it's strength
it's comfort

it's love.
I feel like it is
our family,
our family tree!
I went to yoga last night
for the first time in a long time
it was much needed to say the least.
But during the flow
I envisioned and became
our tree.
I felt
my roots
my strength
my comfort
my love.
Yoga is amazing!

Easton wants to walk
really bad!
He took a few wobbly steps
to me for the first time
where else...
at the tree.
Azalea is right behind him.
She is letting go
and standing for longer periods.
Do you think she is going to
look back at this pic and say
"mom! what was I wearing?!"
I may miss my job
my old self
my old life, but
these kids are my life.
They are everything.
We may go to the tree.
But I know 
I am
their tree.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good mommy! Too sweet that he is trying to walk. Nothing is going to stop those kiddos. Awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every minute with them, your other 'kids' can wait for you! I love the coloring and the tree is like a part of the family. I will email you the letter I sent with Anderson to his teachers, I just keep forgetting. love seeing their cute little pictures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...