Friday, September 2, 2011

The Tree... again


It's probably our last
HOT summer day.
The kind where 
even in the shade
the breeze feels like
warm tropical air.
I love that the shadow
from this tree
is five times the size 
of my living room.
And Easton still mangages
to crawl beyond the shadow
and into the sun.
He loves to move move move.
He passed right by me
and I managed to get
part of his hand
but got this beautiful leaf instead.
He probably spent
at least a half hour
playing with the stroller.
He has my feet
but his Daddy's legs.
Miss manages to stay
on the edges 
of the blanket 
most of the time.
She crawls a few paces 
and then plops her booty
where ever.
Happened to plop
right on the pop!
It made me laugh.
Totally staged
this one.
Totally lasted
all of 3 seconds.
Super cute
her hand on his shoulder
then he lounged forward
for who else
me.
All the space
All the leaves
All the sitcks
All the new things to find
and really
All they want
is to crawl
All over
mom ma
I will never forget
this feeling
TWO little bodies
stomping all over
me
and
my heart.

PS. they are
laughing
hysterically.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could capture those moments and put them in a jar. Pictures are great. Videos are awesome. But that feeling of the teeny tiny baby sleeping in my arms 9 months ago is gone. Now though he smiles and belly laughs. So I try to enjoy every stage and burn the other feeling in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics at the end of them crawling on you!! How precious & wonderful. And, I DID order a blog book & I love, love it. It is the best baby book/scrapbook. Too cute those babies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...