Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We're home

I don't remember
having a painted map
to play on 
at the school 
playground
when I was little
when did they start
doing this
maybe I would know
my geography better
if it had been around
because I 
simply think
it's sooo
cool!



Of course
I immediately 
wanted to bring
the kids on it 
to play
to learn
and possibly 
maybe
get some cool 
pictures
is that too much 
to ask for
well... yes
especially when
the night before
there was a rain storm
and left behind
were some 
very fun
very wet
puddles 
on a 
very hot
day.



Can you really
blame them
I think not
when this might
actually be
their first
real romp
in a perfect
puddle
big enough
for two!





So I settled on
a shout out
Hi!!!
I think most
imoms
might be in this
vacinity
remember
my geography
is iffy.
;)


My only shot
of our hometown
team
the boys
as us girls
would say
the twins
especially Azalea
are starting
to pick up
on the difference.



Her only appearance
on the map
was brief
she was engaged
with the puddle
the entire
time
at one point
she just plopped
her little
hot butt
right in the middle
of the water
shorts
diaper
and all.



I had to laugh
at all of it
hey
don't they say
if you can't
beat em
join em
so here is
a shot of
us
girls
splish splashin
away!



At least
the puddle
was right next to
the map
close
yet so far
away
from what
I expected
and isn't that
the lesson
here

family


I never expected
I never imagined
it all to be
quite like
this


but now I see
the real
reality
is actually



better
more than
I could
dream




We're family
We're home



and I've never
been happier


with everything
just the way
it is.

5 comments:

  1. You are all beautiful! Your family, your heart, your spirit! The pics are amazing. I love the ones where you see their reflection in the puddles. Savor every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their hair in the last one! Also I am wondering where these cool maps were when I was a kid. Maybe I was interested in the puddles or something else not nearly as educational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about that Map the other day which is really weird - I think we had one at Charles Upson. Love that thing! - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their hair!!! Precious:) And, that map is perfect. They will know their states perfectly by the time they have their first quiz on them. Love the shout out to all of us! I like how your arm is on Tennessee! We are waving back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that map, too! I love the pic of mom and dad's shadow's taking pics of the little ones- so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...