Saturday, July 14, 2012

a year

To think
it's been almost
a year
of thinking
of feeling
of expressing
of writing
this blog
of seeing
the distance


was it the Eye
was it the Giraffes
was it the new
experiences
whatever
the reason
the inspiration
the opportunity
pushed me
and now here I am


a year later
in full embrace
a place
I certainly
couldn't see
in the beginning


I can feel it now
embrace
I can see it now
in the distance
time
waits
for no one
and regardless
of any circumstance
all anyone
can do
is
soak it up



live it up


be in the moment


that's what
this blog
has done for me
over this past
year


helped me see
taught me how
to find ways to
see the distance



and really
what's in the distance
doesn't compare to
what's right in front
of me
today




a year ago
it was all about
the Eye
the unknown
the fear
but I have learned
that on the other side
past the fear is
Courage


the Courage
to blog
the Courage
to express
the Courage
to reach out
and in return
is great reward.


Who would have
ever imagined that
a year later
I would be
he would be
we would be
here



meeting each other
meeting another
imom
ifamily



having popsicles


visiting and sitting
under Our Tree


sharing parts
of our life
story


as much as
the Eye
may have brought
us together
the Eye
was the last thing
the day
was about


a year
what is in
a year
we have
everything
to be smiling
about



I am looking
forward
to seeing
what this next
year
will be bringing!

7 comments:

  1. I may just be a little biased but I think that was my favourite post ;)
    Congratulations on your bloggerversary. So glad you decided to start it and that we finally got to meet. Thank you for opening your home to us and more importantly thank you for all your support in the past year or more. We had a wonderful time and I hope it is the first of many. And of course it certainly deserves a post on my blog as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super, super jealous! You guys looked like you had such fun under your tree. I wish we could have an imom trip and we all can meet up and hang out.

    Congrats on a year - you are truly and inspiration. Not sure I could do this "eye thing" without the support of my fellow imoms. Best thing to come out of the eye situation - a new group of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also SUPER jealous.... I seen the picture of Nicole before you had written anything about seeing them. I was like, "NO WAY". She is just going to talk about her, right? Then I kept reading and you met. HOW COOL!

    The nurse told me that she wished more moms were as dedicated to the patching and care of their child's eye because visual outcome is so much better for kids like ours. I told her I had a great online support group of moms. It kept me going. We GOT this.

    LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love his pics with the giraffe!

    imoms: WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT A TIME TO ALL HANG OUT! I'm going to try to find some kind of contest/talk show/something that will arrange this for us. Don't you think that would be a cook story? It can be during "Eye awareness month" or something like that since that particular month doesn't actually exist, I don't think. I am rambling because I am excited. Anyway, FUN times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the imom gathering idea! But I agree, the idea of arranging it all seems overwhelming... with kids, without kids, traveling with toddlers, wait till they are older, where is the middle meeting ground, when is the best time, what to do, where to eat... ahhh. The Ellen Show producers could easily answer all these questions for us. LOL

      We totally have an awesome story line though... this journey is so much fun and easier, together! :) We have found the silver lining!!!

      Delete
    2. Someone needs to contact the Ellen show or something. After the craziness that we deal with - I think we deserve it! I don't need free gifts or anything crazy that Ellen does, just a trip to meet all of you and hang in a hotel for a weekend!

      Delete
  5. I am new to the scene but absolutely think that Ellen should cover you guys! I've become a huge fan during the past year that I've been out of the normal office work day, and she does so many amazing things. ..and you girls deserve some amazing things! Maybe she could bring you in for her 12 Days of Christmas show. ..Rambling!! My whole point of visiting your blog was to say "Thank you"! for your encouragement and kind words! Your twins are beautiful!! I'm so sorry you all have faced the challenges you have, but you have obviously overcome and have two amazing kiddos to show for it. Looking forward to keeping up with you all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...