Thursday, July 5, 2012

the 4th

Well technically
I painted 
my toes
on the 1st
my fingers
on the 2nd
and we went
to the parade 
on the 3rd


But who's keeping
track here?!
the July 4th spirit
is in full swing



and there is still more
cause for celebrating
this was our first
parade




and while we still
had some hiphuggers
and some fears


what worked really well
was being in the
"siren free zone!"
I'm not kidding
it was posted in
our local newspaper
and so so glad 
it was an option
and we saw it
gave all of us
a chance to enjoy
the sights


and the lights


I had to laugh
and was puzzled
when I saw this
stroll by


and then it made sense
when I saw this
storm by


of course there were
patching pirates
at our first parade!
But it was after 4:30
and our lil patching pirate
was off duty.  ;)

You can clearly
see here


this kid
was in his glory
flags everywhere
his favorite object
to spot, even when
it's not the 4th
(or the 3rd)
he will see and
he will say
flag
flag
FLAG!!!


And lately
we have been watching
Bubble Guppies
we saw it playing
at the Eye Dr. office
now it's their new
favorite TV show
they will request
"guppies" and all other
TV programs
have taken a back seat
one of their favorite episodes
is the Fire Rescue one
and they now know
how to spot and say
Fire Truck!
 


The parade was
a total success
we were home
and in bed at a
decent time
so we could be
well rested for
the real 4th
family party
at Nanne & Nannu's house


Family photo
before all the
sweat and dirt
and bathing suits
we did not
look like this
going home.


Lawn croquet
was never officially
played but
she looked cute
carrying it around.


At one point
someone realized
we were probably
at maximum pool capacity


and then someone else
said get together
and SMILE
or should I say
shout holler horray
Happy Birthday
America!

Please note Nannu
in the middle of
the madness
he lives for these
moments!


And I live
for the following
Mommy moments







It's nice sometimes
to be in front
of the camera.  :)

Our evening ended
with a final dip
he left these on his face
long enough for me
to notice
to laugh
to find my camera and still
to get a super cute shot!


We were home
and the kids were
in bed by 9pm
no fireworks this year
but who needs em
when you've got
a slippery wet baby butt
as your last shot!


That was
the 4th
and today is
the 5th!

3 comments:

  1. I am giggling over the baby booty! Too precious. Literally my first thought when I saw those pool pics was, "I have got to meet her & invite myself to one of these family functions!" How much fun!! The family pic is great-love both of them looking down. The shot of the 3 of you in the pool must be framed immediately. And, I say it every time, I LOVE his glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend the 4th (or 3rd!). Love the family shots... and have to admit that I expected to see a shot worthy of America's Funniest Home videos of the pool collapsing after your caption on the full pool! (Glad it stayed intact!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Your family is gorgeous. I want to cometo a party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...