Thursday, August 2, 2012

a sponge

If I had to
describe myself
my current state
as an object
it would be
a sponge

which seems
so cliche
considering
kids are like
little sponges
especially mine
right now

but I'm not
referring to just
any sponge
in what seems to be
it's normal use
ready to
soak things up

rather lately
I have been
a soaking
a sopping
filled to the max
floating in a puddle
full filled
leaking
press on me
and
I will ooze

sponge



It's August
It's almost
over
and I am
anticipating
that by the
end
of this month
my sopping wet
sponge
will be completely
rung out



In some ways
I look forward
to a fresh start
new routines
and more memories
to soak up


But this time
this precious
never again
time
is filling my soul
is fueling me
for the future



the days feel
fast
the days feel
slow
the days feel
complete
content
insignificant
and
monumental
all at once



I find myself
in moments
dripping
literally tears
falling from
my face
yes, some sadness
but mostly
gratitude
that this time
was mine
to fill
to soak in


and that I did
that I am
still doing
if I have learned
anything
from this time
it's...
don't waste it



So I woke up
today
and asked myself
what have I wanted
to do
but still haven't...
and that is
what we did
today



we painted
with no goal
other than
to make
a mess
a masterpiece
a memory



As always
he participated
he moved on


creatively
quickly


she stayed
she made


more that just


her mark


you know
I used to
worry
about everything
I mean
everything
espeically
at the beginning
of a new
school year

but now
it's just
different
I still think of all
the same things
the same worries
but mostly
I just think
I just worry
about them


I know
they will adjust
I know
they are resillant
I know
they are strong
I know
they have each other


nothing compares
to this time
I have had
with them
if we have
made it
this far


we will make it
further
together


until then
I will continue
to be
a sponge
a soaking
sopping wet
sponge.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't every stage just so wonderful with them? I remember as Lilia would grow we'd say this is the best age....then this is the best age....every stage just gets better and better and better!
    And I know how hard it is to leave....but know that it is much harder on you than on them. And it might even end up being a welcome break. Goodness knows I can only enjoy a hot cup of coffee at work!! Love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am feeling the end of summer draw closer and closer. Some moments I am completely ready to go back to work, welcome new students and jump in with both feet. Other days I dread leaving my babies and worry about the patch, the contact, the Eye being at daycare. It helps that Jed loves our daycare provider. Loves it. And I love my job. So I try to see it as win/win. Enjoy every moment of this summer, and then you will enjoy every moment of the school year. Changes come and we have to embrace them. Sending hugs your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a bittersweet time. This summer has been so much fun with Anderson and I am so sad to go back all day and not be able to see him as much and watch him do everything. But, then I think, like you said, how grateful I am for the time that I am able to spend with him and it is pretty great. I love the painting. Also, I am cracking up at how Easton just moves on after a bit. Boys are boys. They are going to miss you/you are going to miss them, but it will be such a great time for new memories. But, for now, just cry a bit and hug on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww... They are so sweet. Love the painting and the paint all over them. Enjoy the rest of your summer girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...