Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It only gets better

As I sit here
tonight
finally
a few thoughts
scribbled
on a scrap paper
with extra scribbles
from my assistant
Azalea
who likes to sit
at Mommy's desk
and be just like
who else
Mommy

Many things
this week
have started
like my thoughts
and my closet
that I have
attempted to clean
and organize
for work
but much remains
unfinished
at the moment
I am surrounded
by mountains of clothes
pile to keep
pile to put away
pile to give away
pile to go through
pile to wash
pile I'm not sure about
yes, that's a lot of piles
yes, I have a lot of
thoughts
things to do

Tis the season of
change
gone are the days
of slowly soaking in
the blossoms of Summer
Fall has fallen
upon us
swept in
this weekend
with it's cool air
changing colors
and fast moving pace



don't blink
don't sit
it's all moving
changing
growing
his head is officially
above the counter top
he points and says
choo choo
circle wheels
heart tractor
ABC, CCAB


we've been wearing
our warmer jammies
the same ones
from early Spring
he immediately says
bike
something he wasn't
noticing
or even saying
back then



language
thought process
memory
everyday
is something new
more
we also pulled out
some warmer
closed toe shoes
she probably sat
and figured them out
for at least
15 min


she does that, this
goes into her own
individual world
entertained
focused
learning



the shoes
are for more than
just fashion and season
they are for safety
nothing says
grow up now
more than a gigantic
new swing set
in our own
backyard




I mean... really
who is this girl


they love it
they climb
they swing
they sing
they laugh


It's not new
It's new to them
I love actually
that it's used
it has a story
of a little girl
who turned 5 and
on Easter Sunday
it arrived
she wore it in
she grew into it
she grew out of it
and when the boys
arrived to take it
she and her friend
had one last hurrah
took a picture
and said good bye



And now
there's a new
Queen of the castle


and her royal subjects
are here
to keep her company
crackers
blankets
brothers
mothers
let's just say
it hasn't taken long
for them
to wear it in
 


I can't help
but try
to capture
this time
that is fleeting by
in the blink of
an Eye
they too
will grow into
and out of
this


I was reminded
this week
as this past
weekend
brought about
so much change
that
it only gets better


as difficult as
it is
to say good bye
to yet another
year
time
with them


I have faith
that life
family grows
in an onward
and upward
direction
roots are strong
roots are good
 

but the spirit
must be
set free


space to soar



room to grow



as much as
I love them
little
I love them
big


I love them
growing
changing
soaring


I do believe
it only gets better.

4 comments:

  1. Love those shirts! Love the shoes! Love the playground! (Here is hoping that yours don't outgrow it at 5 years- I've got a 10 year old who still uses ours!)

    Love love love! (although I'm still not loving the need for cooler jammies- too close to winter!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get better. Each phase is new and fun, even though each phase/age has its struggles. It is always fun watching them grow and change and understand new things. They are too stinking cute for their own good, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are definitely too stinking cute for their own good. The pic of Azalea in the swingset is breathtaking. She always looks so wise and knowing. As I am sure she is! Thinking of you during this changing season. I am sure there will be tears and laughter - maybe at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those are some cute kids. I can't believe how grown up Azalea looks all of a sudden! Here's to nice weather to carry us into Fall!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...