Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Surprises

2:30 am
last night
he cries out
hoping he just 
needs to shift and
settle back down
he didn't

sleepy eyed and stumbling 
I wander into
their room
he's wet
soaked through
everything
so in the dark
I fumble through drawers
peel off wet clothes
change his diaper
re-dress him and
somewhere in the middle
of it all

he starts
blowing kisses
literally smacking his lips
blowing into the night air
I can't help but to
laugh and smile
and then he laughs
a sleepy snugly lil laugh

suddenly I realize
he is dry and warm
and happy
I lean into his face
and smell his sweet cheeks
kiss kiss and kiss 
him good night
whisper lots of love
in his ear

I didn't want to leave
he had just given me
a gift 
at 2:30 am 
his love
I crawled back to bed
hoping to hear him
so I could go back in
the next thing I know
the sun is kissing
my face
good morning.


Sweet Surprises
that is what Easter
was full of
this year.

This girl



knows excitement
she loved Easter
she loved the basket
she loved the gifts
she loved the family
and she showed it
she said "Hiiiiiii-gh"
first time
no prompts
just someone or
something new
smiling face
sparkling eyes
sometimes hand in the air
Hiiiiii-gh!


and another
Sweet Surprise
my favorite blog
has giveaways to
one lucky commenter
out of over 500 comments
guess who was the lucky
comment #13?!
ME!!!
and guess what
the Easter Bunny
brought me
her newly released book
based of course
from her blog.


Grandma and Grandpa's
arrival brought
lots of smiles and more
Sweet Surprises.



It was no surprise
when we finally
got dressed and ready
to take our annual
Easter photos
and these were
my best shots






Of all the
Sweet Smiles
I manage to capture
I never manage to get
two smiles in one
moment
oh but when I do
it will be a
Sweet Surprise!

This year at
Nannu and Nanne's
we got to join in
on the annual
Easter Egg hunt.

So fun!




So Sweet!


What a crew!
My sister and I
had to laugh
when we realized
4 of these kids
came from only
2 pregnancies!!!


Gotta love it!


Talk about
Sweet Surprises
my sister also
baked a bouquet
of cupcakes!


Yet another
Sweet Surprise
his new brown frames
look awesome!


Hey this yellow chair
is super cute
let's try to get a cute pic
of both of them...
uuhhh, maybe next time


as he launches himself
out of the chair
I think ok fine
cute pic of her...
no, not really
she just wanted to
climb out too.


That's ok
I'm cool with it
I like Surprises
I'll be patient
because when it
finally does come
my way
it's so very
Sweet!


5 comments:

  1. I love middle of the night snuggles! The are the best. And I love the smirk on Easton's face in the pic of the two of them (the 2nd Easter pic of the two of them). He just looks like he has mischief on his mind! Your family is stunning. And Easton looks great in his giraffe patches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to say it every time...I LOVE HIS GLASSES!! You all look so great and happy and just perfect. The kid pics are the best-everyone grinning, looking all over the place. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I haven't even finished reading your post but I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WON HER BOOK!!! I totally love that blog. I totally am thinking of buying the book. Let me know if it's as great as her blog. Ok. Now back to finishing your post =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Karla, you crack me up. I think I found her blog from your blog?! Actually my mom bought the book for me (aka. the Easter Bunny :) The prize I won was a gift cert. to Petite Lemon, a cute lil internet shop for kids stuff! Of course pics of my kids in the winnings will be coming soon! ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, lucky #13... Ironic. I read her blog. I am wondering if her book is good too. She can take pictures with the best of them. She is very talented.

    You gotta love the Easter bunny. :) Love the picture of you guys as a family. I actually love all of them. Special mention though is needed for Azalea between the big girls. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...