Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hoppy Easter

We made this
the kids and I
together.


Easter Egg dying
is tradition
but it's also
liquid in cups
color staining dye
with 20 lil fingers
moving in 4
different directions
not really knowing
how or why
so I
did this
this year...

Toddler Twins
version of
egg decoration
foam sticker
Easter Egg
wreath kit.

I told myself
the kids were allowed
to stick the eggs
however they wanted
I was only there to
guide and encourage.
I will admit
it was hard for me
not to direct
or just do it
myself.

Once they were done
I used the left over
foam scraps
you know, the tiny pieces
they would eat
and detail decorated
the eggs
while they ate lunch.

I know
I know
what happened to
they made it
but all the extra foam
would have just gone
in the trash
I couldn't help myself
it wasn't trash
more Art
could be made
so we officially
made it
together!

Then later
I made more
smaller
real egg sized
string eggs.


It's definitely 
a challenge
knowing limits
wanting to expose 
wanting to create
traditions
memories
but also allowing 
potential
production
success.

Even when
they play


I feel the urge
to play
to show
them 
how


but also
try to stay
aware
and
allow


them
to just be
for now.


His second
favorite
thing to do
when playing
house
after opening
and closing
and looking through
the front door
100 times...


is flush the toilet
100 times!
yes, it and he
make the sound.


She likes to play
a little bit of 
everything
and then
you know
do her own
thing.


Like just today
instead of the normal
scribble
they both 
love to do,
she decided to
hold the crayon
correctly
literally using
the tips of her 
2 fingers and thumb
and "draw" scribbles
and draw CIRCLES
with purpose!

Crazy how
we are all
just hopping
hopping right along
jumping 
back and forth
between
what we know
and 
what we can 
try 
to do.

Hoppy Easter!
I am hoping
you are 
hopping
hopping right along
to a happy holiday
too!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! You are so stinkin creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wreath! I agree about the bowls of color dye...a tad scary. I am not sure I will ever get used to how precious he is in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great Easter! You amaze me with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...