Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a year and a half

Where is
the time
going?!
I feel like their
half birthday
is just as
hard to swallow
as their
first birthday.



They were little
but they were
so big



Now they are
bigger
but they are still
so little.

Something about
the milestones
that make me 
feel such an
overwhelming
urgency
to capture
to hold
every moment
so tightly.



But the sands of time
are just falling
so quickly
too quickly
that it's hard
for me
to hold
every grain
in my hands.


I want to put
every single grain
every single second
of my time
with them
in my pocket
in my heart
for forever
I want them
fresh
in my mind
in my memory
so that all of it
will feel
like it was
just yesterday.


In many ways
I suppose
it all is
and will be
there for me
for forever
but it just
makes me sad
sometimes
they are growing
they are gonna keep
growing
and I am just
gonna have to
grow
with
them.


And I am.

Even this past
weekend
I earned another
mom badge
the "sick n pukey kids" one
I already earned
the "sick kids" one
and the sick kids
"while your sick" one
but here's another
first
I'm surprised
we made it
this far
without puke
but we did.

And man o man
it's a whole
nother level
of momhood
a level I guess
you could say
I rose to
but hope
not to do
too often
cuz it's
not too fun
to say the least.

You can only imagine
it was bad
when I actually
chose to take
a day off!!!
No contact
No patch

So yes
WE are growing
painfully
at times
but it's all
been oh so
worth it.

This kid can say "buh-ble."

I am evermore aware
that this
this is
OUR time
and we are only
going to live
today
now
once.

And it's the cutest sound ever!!!

My word
My goal
for 2012 was
embrace
and trust me
for me
this was a
challenge
but right now
I feel it.
I am
embracing
this moment
I am
embracing
now
them
today
everyday.
I get it.

Girlfriend will sit and work it out till no end.

This time
all time
is a gift
that I
embrace.

And look who put these shoes on all by herself!!!

Happy "half" Birthday
Easton John & Azalea Jayne

You two
are most definitely
twice the blessing!

You both
continue
to teach me
more than I ever
thought possible
about
love
life
and the pursuit of
happiness.

You both
have given me
all of that
and more
for the past
year and a half
everyday
and
right now
I embrace
these moments
this moment.

I will never
forget it
I have never
loved more
lived more
or
been happier
than spending
my time
with both
of you.

4 comments:

  1. Precious! Sorry you had to do the sick and pukey thing. That is never any fun. Keep capturing those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!!! They are getting so big. I love their little hands in comparison to yours. Love the sea horse patch. Puky sick babies deserve a break from the DREADED patch. Way to go Azalea, putting on your own shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love them. So big, so precious, so curious, so perfect! Where did you get the cute patch??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seahorse patch is actually a "girl" patch from Ortopad!?! Laura and I were able to "patch swap" and now we both have more options, AND I have "girl" giraffe patches too!!! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...