Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sick

As I sit
to write
I'm listening
to naptime
in the monitor
I can hear
the strong sound
of a snore
because
we are ALL
sick.



I've been waiting
and waiting

 
for our family
cough
congestion
cold
to just go away
and it won't
it has been
relentless.


I'm trying
to rise above


the exhaustion
the whinnig
the snot
but as it lingers
and lingers
I'm finding it
more and more
difficult
to create ways


to distract


and entertain

them.


I reach points
when I love
the neediness
the snuggles
the heavy embrace
of them
sick
knowing they
just want
their Mommy.


Rocking
them
together
brings me back
to the beginning
when I would sit
in their nursery
pregnant
waiting
wondering
when
just rocking
me carrying
them.

And now I know
now I know
the good
the bad
the ugly
and
the snotty.

Then I reach
a point
when I just
want it
to stop
enough already
grow up
entertain
take care of
yourself!

Don't get me wrong
I still love it


I love all of it


but we have reached
a point
I have
they have
reached a point
where, yes
they are getting
BIG

 
but still
definitely still
they are
oh so small.



Perspective
looking back
it goes so fast
but in the moment
in some of the
moments
it goes
oh so slow.

Why does
sick
have to go
so slow?!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Well - don't love that you guys are sick, but love the writing. We just got over RSV and pneumonia here. It was heartbreaking to patch when she felt so miserable already. Hope you all get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say that I love the wig. Very adorable! I love the glasses. Very mature!

    I am sorry that your kiddos are sick. It is exhausting how needy they are... You feel like you don't have any more to give and then you somehow find more to give... Hope for happy healthy kiddos to return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the glasses!! And, it is totally normal to appreciate everything, but still be a little tired. A little= A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate this incessant cold that has been this year! Sorry your little ones are sick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...