Thursday, February 16, 2012

BIG

We've gone
through
some BIG
changes
lately...


Lil' Big man
got a
big boy
hair cut
just in time
for his new
big boy
glasses.



He was
so good
a perfect
role model


for Lil' Sis
who looks 
so Big



getting her hair
evened out


and her old
Big Bangs


trimmed.



They both
did great
and Mommy
did ok.

I just
keep reminding
myself...

Of course I won't like it.
They are still my cute babies.
It will grow.


BIG
Deep Breaths

BIG
changes

Big boy
glasses



Anticipating
Anxiety
Wondering
Hoping
He would keep
them on
I bought
two pairs
of play glasses.




It worked!

He still touched
He still wondered
He still knew


But he
kept em on!


I think
He "hearts"



his new glasses.

She certainly
was all
interested.
She tried to
touch
remove
put on
 


But then
it just clicked.


They got over it.
They moved on.
I was relieved.
When he was
relieved.



Remembering
my lil' big boy




Who now
can see
the distance.


They are getting
so BIG.

I'm left
feeling
a little sad
but
so
SO
proud!

10 comments:

  1. oh.my.god.
    They are the cutest things ever.
    Especially Easton with his hair and new glasses. So very sweet!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE GLASSES!!!! Seriously, everyone says kids in glasses are so cute and they are so right. I am so used to Anderson's glasses that I actually prefer glasses on kids now:) Anderson was about Easton's age when he got glasses and he took to them way better than expected. I discovered that when dealing with a patch (and a contact for you!), something else thrown in the mix is not really that life changing. He looks SO great:) And, so does precious sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I don't know why I worried about him keeping em on... you're right, what is a pair of glasses when he is used to a sticky patch and an itchy contact?!!!! Plus hello bonus for him, he can see in high def now!! :)

      Delete
  3. OMGoodness!! I have to confess i just teared up for a second looking at Easton's big boy photo. My lil man just started walking and had his 1st b'day last week and I am a bit sad too having realised that he is not my little baby anymore. It goes sooooo fast.
    Fantastic news that E's glaucoma is under control and that he is happy to wear glasses:) How gorgeous are Azalea's eye lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it goes way too fast! It's funny you noticed Azalea's eye lashes... we can see em now! LOL Thanks for your support Natasha!

      Delete
  4. They suit him perfectly. He looks very grown up in them. It might have something to do with haircut. :) They look like they did very well with the whole process. Azalea looks like such a little sweetheart.

    I cried when Blake got his first haircut. haha With Austin he will be five with the way his hair is growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I felt like crying, although I didn't. Aside from needing at least a trim, we needed to make room for the glasses. I just loved their hair all long and wispy... I miss the baby wispies!

      Delete
  5. So cute! He looks so wise with the glasses. Just FYI...I follow your blog because my daughter Julia is 4 months and has PHPV/cataract in her right eye. She had surgery at 8 weeks and has been in a contact/patching ever since. It is so nice to read about other families dealing with the same things! You and Easton are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support! I am so glad that our story inspires you, just getting it all out helps me. But I certainly agree, I stalk all my other fellow Eye Mom's blogs simply so I can feel normal.

      I remember how overwhelming and frustrating everything felt in the beginning (your lil girl is 4 months). I can tell you I still feel that way at times but just not as intensely. It's amazing how over time you and Julia will just learn how to manage each day and keep going. See the Distance! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...