Thursday, October 13, 2011

This day

We've been 
taking advantage
of the beauty
Fall
has to offer.
I remember
last October
they were still
in the NICU.
So everything
that I know
is new to them
feels new again
to me too.

the sights
the sounds
the textures
the traditions
this walk
this day
was perfectly
Fall.

We saw this
rock sculpture
along our way
and I was just
drawn to it.
Balance
Strength
Endurance
come to mind.
It also resembles
an eye.

Interesting,
this perspective.
Eyes have always
symbolized life
to me.
But now that my life
is literally about
an eye,
I see them
differently.
I see everything
differently.
Even leaves,
I see them
differently too.

This one
was falling
gently to the earth
when it landed
right on Azalea's lap.
She noticed it
picked it up
and looked at it
I mean
really looked at it.
It wasn't just
a leaf
it was a message

for her
for me
from above
of love.

There were other
leaves too.
Ones that made
music
and ones that
just didn't want
to let go.
We probably walked
for at least on hour
just enjoying
the morning.
As we made
our way
back home,
someone puttered out
still trying
to get used to
just one nap.
Someone else
was still
ready for more.
After some lunch
a real nap
and dinner
we headed back out
batteries charged.

For Easton
there is crawling
and then there is
turbo speed.
This is
turbo speed.
Little Miss
had some fun
with Momma
and her sweater,
even brother
found the game
fun enough
to crawl over to.

The tree always promises
a new adventure
on this day
it was sticks


and standing.
Twins
standing!
How cute is that?!
They both can do it
but not until
this day
did they
stand
together.

Seems like something
so simple, yet
for them
for me
it was
a moment.

The moment.
And with our new
Balance
Strength
and
Endurance
(see, it all
comes back
around again)

We took some
glamor shots
where else...
on the tree,
of course!




 
This day
was perfectly
Fall.

3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!!! I love the one where they were standing. Austin is wearing camo pants today. Love it. Little lady has on a cute little Halloween shirt. Have a great fall.... I mean the season of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Missy...you are funny.

    Wow...two kids standing...the beginning of A LOT of fun! Fall is my favorite season....going to the pumpkin farm this week! (If the fall weather holds out that is.LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eye symbolism. They look SO bit standing up like that! switching to one nap is a bit difficult, I think. I waited until Anderson was almost 18 months and I think it was too late because we had a month or so of just really awful sleeping. Good call on doing it now. I think it is great that you are able to focus on appreciating things like leaves and not have to worry about your babies in the NICU! And, Easton holding the leash is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...