Monday, October 10, 2011

Change

Its coming on fast
now,
Change.
They have mastered
the art of
crawing.
Races
down the hallway
won't be for long,
they will be
walking soon.
I feel it
everyday
is something new
different,
Change.
Have to have
something
in their hands
or else they won't
sit still.
Change is good
right?!
Change is constant
Change is inevitable
Change is growth

We are changing
We are adjusting
We are growing
It always goes to say
along with the ups and downs
of everyday life,
we continue to have
ups and downs
of contacts and patching.
That is just the way.

The biggest change
I've noticed lately
is that during the downs
it feels different.
It doesn't feel
as immediate
as intense
as overwhelming.
It's changed
a little.

And what better time 
to change
than now.
These two are
so why not I.

We lost a nap.
Had two
down to one.
It's for the better,
Change.
But we are all still
adjusting.

I'm noticing them
more now.


They notice
each other
more now.
And it brightens
my day.

they talk
to each other
they touch
they tumble
together
as brother and sister.
They even
have noticed 
me!


He walks to me.
He walks on me.
He came up to me
and gave me a kiss.
Snot nosed and slobbery
open mouthed
and drooling, but
My heart
melted.
She noticed
my hair.
She is so delicate.
Just like her name,
Azalea
the flower.
She was so gentle
with my hair,
I could feel
her love.
They brush their teeth now.
They use sippy cups now.
They giggle.
Real giggles.
And play.
They play
with their
whole self.


Everything
about them
is changing,
but so is
everything
about me.

I've been wondering
when is a new mom
no longer a new mom?
I mean really?!
I will never
have experienced
tomorrow
with them,
so doesn't that make it
new?!

But now I guess
I feel the change
I'm not a new mom
anymore,
I'm just their
mom.

2 comments:

  1. Love all of the pics!! They are so cute with their sippy cups and playing together in the stroller. I LOVE the slobbery kisses & how delicate she is with your hair. SO cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest kiddos! Just had to mention that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...