Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life goes on

Does this kid 
look scary to you?!
The only thing 
he has in common
with that ghost on his shirt
is the fact that he loves
towels, blankets
and even buckets 
over his head in an 
on again
off again 
game like fashion!
Add a little 
"Boo"
in there and you might
get an even louder
belly laugh from him.
 
Been wondering
how do you 
follow up your now
most popular post...
with our life
I suppose.



After the rain
when the clouds clear
when the sun comes back out
but the mist is still in the air
a rainbow appears.
And that rainbow 
is the blessing
of our everyday life.


These two little ones
at my feet,
this is probably the only thing
they do 
the same.
They have the whole house
Daddy's watch
while Mommy does her thing
and this is what 
they choose to do.
They don't stop.
So why should I.

You go with 
what you know.
And I know 
how to move on
how to get back up
and keeping living
our life.

Today we played
in our tent
while it rained
for real, outside.
Gonna have to
get creative.
When things change,
life
the weather
whatever
get creative.

Tried something new
this morning,

he hates when I turn
his head in the direction
of contact time.
So I found what else...
a toy giraffe!
and stuck it
to the side of
the changing table.
Yup in the same direction
as contact time.
It took his mind off
it
for a moment
long enough
for him to relax
and me to...
well you know,
the routine
of our life.
Something else new
that we have been
working on,
self feeding.
They are good at
picking up chunks
and feeding that
to themselves.
But the bowl
spoon thing... well
we gotta work on that.
She is so serious
anything new
is all business.
Him
notice it's nothing
but fun,
but Her
look out
she's in the middle
of learning.

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are gorgeous. Love the kitchen shot. Don't know how you get anything done with two!!
    What are they having for lunch? Nicole is refusing everything I feed her!! She is taking a stand against mush!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karla! :) In these photos for the self feeding learning session, I thickened some jar squash with dry baby cereal flakes. Basically so it would stay on the spoon, ha yeah right! But normally, like after the play I mean learning session was over they have chunks of bread, cheese and turkey like an open sandwich with jar fruit. Then a bottle of course. They definitely like finger foods better then the mush on a spoon! So I shovel it in while they eat the chunks. Gotta get creative... Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I am ticked.... I just wrote a whole comment about 3 pages long. :) And it just deleted it. :(

    DARLING, darling, and more darling children you have. Love the skirts and tights. Almost makes me want to have a little girl, except for the pregnancy part.

    Austin is refusing baby food. Boiled potatos, pasta, bananas, peaches, cooked carrots and cheese are a few things that he will eat right now. Good luck, Karla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pic of them clinging to you!! SO cute!! Don't you just love being a mom?? And, my kid never eats so I am not one to contribute, but he did like fruit cups and nutrigrain bars around that age. Also, beans. He still likes beans. Anyway, the pics are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...