Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Their Birthday



Their 1st Birthday
came and went.
I feel like our lives
have been on 
play, stop, pause
fast forward and rewind
all at once.


So many mixed emotions
came with this day,
Their Birthday.
We waited so long
to be here.
Now here 
is over there.
It was all just an
overwhelming feeling
that I didn't anticipate.

We started a new tradition
took the day off
and headed to the zoo.
We've always wanted to go
even before I was pregnant.

While I was pregnant
we would purposely
drive by the giraffes
on the way to the many sono apts.
We never did get there.
Now here we are...


Funny how
life works that way.
Eventually
it all gets done.
Patience
Perseverance
Perspective
Peace

We all enjoyed the day,
Their Birthday.
The fall leaves
and colors looked like
birthday confetti!


On the way home,
we stopped
to where it all began.
We were feeling
grateful.
Without their help
today would be
just another day.
Going in the door
walking up the stairs
going through the waiting room
arriving at the desk,
this time it was different.
I don't think I felt
the weight of my steps
success
was carrying me there
this time.
Baby B was
all smiles
it was infectious
everyone was in awe
of her beauty
of her story
of her survival.
Our visit
may have reassured
their mission,
for me it reassured
my faith 
the miracle
the gift
of life.
And of course
when there is
Birthday
there is party.

and cake
and cookies
and candles
and celebration
and company
and creations.
In the end
it's all about
Family.
Their Birthday
reminded me of
Family.
Family love.
Family unity.
Family growth.

They are part of this
Family.
We see the distance
together,
one year
one day
one moment
at a time.

This time
it was,
Their Birthday.

And just like
this picture says...
it was Happy!



2 comments:

  1. Love love love all the pictures... Azalea looks so adorable in her little dress. In both pictures where you are kneeling beside her, she is just looking at you. It is so sweet. Austin does the same thing to a ball as Easton is doing in that last picture. He goes face first into any ball he finds like it is going to taste really great. Congrats on making it to the first year mark with twins. :) You have a very beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed her looking at you, too! I love it. I also noticed that Easton only has one shoe & that is precious because he is just a boy who is too busy for both shoes. Love the giraffe theme for the post (life) & the blocks for the party. They are 1! It is very surreal isn't it? I agree with the overwhelmingness of it all. Precious pics!! Precious babies:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...