Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Inspiration

Inspiration
where does it
come from

the other day
thoughts
were just
swirling
swirling around
and around
in my head
until finally
I just grabbed
anything I could
and scribbled
this...

It's ending
anyone who follows
the academic
calendar
knows
It's ending
I too know it
I too feel it
the school year
is over
time to reflect
time to move on
time to look forward

And that
was it
the inspiration
left
the thoughts
gone
but the feelings
well... they
have been
lingering
not swirling
just hangin
right there
in the middle
of my heart.

It's the beginning
of the end
somehow
someway
what felt like
an eternity
turned into
a fraction of
a second
and now
I not only
see the light
at the end of
the tunnel
I feel it
on my face
and in my heart
the light
is there.

May, I know
it's only May
but it's official
it feels official
we had our last
Music class.


I remember
our first
Music class!



This face
that still
sometimes
looks like
a baby face
was once
a baby face.



Our kids
all the children
ignorant of
the occasion
fully present in
the moment
scattered about
on their way
to find their way.


Azalea will have
her last
Occupational Therapy
session
this week.

We will have
our last
Gymnastics class
this week.

What started as
Early Intervention
services
and a class
to help her
continue to
thrive
is now just
another milestone
another example
of how incredibly
amazing
this miracle
our miracle
Baby B
my Azalea is
resilient
strong
beautiful
and anything but
a vanishing twin.




So we will
say good bye
once again
to yet another
time
of our lives.




And I can't help
but feel
that this is
special
sacred



May
this is
May.


They still
wake
with
songs




and smiles



sweet
sleepy
eyes



Ok seriously
I know I am
his mother
but that face
I want to
freeze it
and eat it
for dinner
every night
for the rest of
my life
I'll even have
the patch
for dessert
seriously.

Now this face
like I have said
before
She thinks
this is
her smile...
I am laughing
right now
as I type.

He thinks
He is hiding.



Guess who
just found
them...


Guess who
tried to hide too
and guess who
wasn't welcome...


Oh May



looking forward
to May...




It's ending
anyone who follows
the academic
calendar
knows
It's ending
I too know it
I too feel it
the school year
is over
time to reflect
time to move on
time to look forward


Inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. These are the CUTEST pics!! I love his little face in the crib. I, also, could eat it up! And, I love what you said about Azalea-she is anything but a vanishing twin! Precious, precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! And definitely thriving, living, growing, learning! I too could eat up his cute face - patch and all! I love May. I follow the academic calendar and know that my summer begins in a little over 2 weeks. I get 11 weeks at home with my babies! That is certainly inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beginning of summer. Blake, my older son, is just about to die. He is counting down the days until he can play all day long. I love Azalea's "smile", and that Easton is "hiding." Austin covers his head with a blanket and lays really still. His legs arms and torso are all showing. He thinks if he can't see me, I can't see him. I just love kids' innocence and zest for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics! I also operate on an "academic calendar"... I just wish my job did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...