Wednesday, May 16, 2012

the Greatest Gift

On Mother's Day
I was reading
and two lines in
it struck me
"This mom thing
is hard - no lie."
Well said Laura!

Regardless of
the Eye
the twin thing
or any other 
special circumstance
plain and simple
even in a perfect world
being a mom
is hard.
Period.


I've managed
to overcome
many challenges
in my three decades
of life thus far
and honestly
nothing compares
to the challenge of
being a mom.


There is
no greater
commitment
once a mother
forever a mother

no greater
responsibility
the never ending
task of raising
innocent lives

no greater
patience
one that will be tested
one that you never knew
you always had

no greater
compassion
oh how you wish
you could make
everything easier
for them

no greater
worry
constant
relentless
worry

no greater
fear
of tomorrow
of sorrow
of anything
and everything
you have to
let it go



But with
great challenge
comes
great reward
there truly is
no greater
GIFT
then that of
being a mom.


I've always
felt blessed
with the world's
greatest mom
my mom
her love is
unconditional
unwavering
her love is
patient
compassionate
her love is
never ending
her love is
a GIFT.


It's easy
to take
a Mother's love
for granted
It's easy
to receive
a Mother's love.


But to finally
finally see
finally feel
finally give
a Mother's love
that's the lesson
life lesson
learned
ah ha moment
I get it now.


Giving is
the blessing
Giving is
the GIFT.


Yes, there is
no greater
challenge
and there is
no greater
GIFT
than that of
a Mother's love.


Everyday
I am challenged
Everyday
I am given
opportunity
to make the most
with what I have


Everyday
and on
Mother's Day
I choose to make
the most of
the GIFT

I choose to make
memories


memories
require work







mothering
requires work




the most challenging
the most rewarding




work.



Cheers
to that!

3 comments:

  1. It is hard for me to say this because I love all of your posts, but this one is definitely my FAVORITE!! I love how you describe being a mom. So true. All of the pics are so perfect. I just cannot get over their little faces. Love the one of him reading the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mother is the hardest thing you will ever love. I love all of the zoo pictures. The paper reading picture is to die for. You are doing a fantabulous job.

    P.S. I want some pizza now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I know I have said it before - but you are so talented and able to pour emotions into words. I love it. Easton's shirt with the monkey in glasses is adorable. And while I was reading this post, Jed saw you guys in the train and yelled choo choo! I guess that it him saying hello.

    You are a wonderful mother. Easton and Azalea are blessed to have you and you are blessed to have them. Win - win situation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...