Tuesday, May 22, 2012

imom 100

This is my
100th post
cue cheers
congratulations
confetti
:)


I started
this blog
not really sure
what I wanted or
where I was going
I just knew
I just needed
to
just do it!

Simply stated
in my profile
in the beginning
I thought it was
about me
my sight
my perspective
my journey
and then yes
I became
a mom.

I am always
still trying
to figure out
what the hell
just happened
hence this
ever unfolding
blog
but right now
at this moment
100 posts later
I am here.


a place
a culmination

of inspiration
of friendship
of support
of encouragement
of acceptance
of gratitude
of humor
of creative embrace
of pride
of hope

I certainly
never imagined
this place
when I started
but here
is where
I am
and here
is where
I'd like
to stay.

imom
what a concept
what a creation
a combination
of people
of experiences
of emotions
that really
on some level
are universal
therefore
imom
just like
ibreathe

but a true
imom
is a mom
who knows
who understands
who loves
who lives
the i
unconditionally
the Eye
imom

In 100 posts
I became an
imom
I am
just one
of the lucky
few
who are
the true
imom

As much as
I gave out
as an
imom
I surely did
receive
because
at the heart
of the art
of an
imom
is the link
is the connection
is the app - lication
is the information
imom

contact techniques
skin irritation
milky stuff
eyelashes
bigger patches
swaddle techniques
contact care
flashlights
morning routines
be brave
this is normal
you are not alone
patching can be fun
giraffe patches are for girls
patch swap
new patch patterns
vision is a gift
sight restored
a perfect boy
a not so perfect eye
an ounce of luck
and a pound of faith
patches and camo
jack's journey
tommy's eyes
little four eyes
countless comments
see the distance
roller coaster rides
more fun with friends
contact fairy
head tilts
eye turns
eye drops
squinting
tearing
enlarging
rude comments
public stares
dumb questions
glasses
prayers
good news
bad news
scary news
surgeries
worries
fears
more prayers
pity parties
pen pal notes
emails
giraffes
families
love

imom
Easton
Austin
Anderson
Nicole
Julia
Tommy
Jack
Grant
and so many
many more
imom for them
imom

7 comments:

  1. Love this! Happy 100th post day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post and thank you for starting your blog!!! You are doing a great job at all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog! Love the new banner! Love you for sharing here and commenting there even when I am whining and things are really balancing out. HA (Raising glass of sparkling (non-alcoholic) wine) To iMoms! To 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad you started your blog because I have enjoyed each and every 1 of the 100 posts! And, as I've said before...this post is my favorite! love, love the new banner:) You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome. You are inspirational. You are imom (hear you roar?)!!

    When I am freaking out (we lost a contact, again...bad news from the doc, worrying about the future) I remember that I am not alone in this. All these other imom's are there, supporting, loving, helping us life the imom life.

    And the patch creation is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 100 blog! What an accomplishment!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...