Monday, June 25, 2012

Winning

What would our
life be like
if it didn't have
the Eye?
An interesting question
for sure
but pointless
because it does.
And really
at this point
the Eye
has woven it's self
right into the fabric
of our life
that from day to day
it usually goes
unnoticed
well, not really
I'm just used to it
so much so
that a fellow imom
wrote a post titled
You know you're an "imom" when...
and I had to laugh
because all her points
were so true
but again
I'm just used to it.

So when am I
not used to it?
the appointments
the anticipation
the endless
Eye
appointments
always the night before
worry
fear
with a teeny tiny bit of
hope
last night I laid in bed
restless
an entire thunderstorm
came and went
and I didn't fall asleep
I kept wondering
is this a sign
of the storm to come
and then I would
search
for the signs of
hope
the storm passed
I'm still awake
does this mean
we will get through it
tomorrow?!

Tomorrow is here
today we went
and we walked
out of the office
riding a giant wave
of relief
smiles so big
hearts so happy
that I think I was
floating on my own
exhale
we are winning...
today.

The PO put his patch on today... backwards.  I'm cool with it, whatever works!  :)

Pressure
in both eyes
low teens
Optic nerve
looked healthy
so much so
that it even
reversed
some of the cupping
a possibility in children
not adults
meds are working
continue with the drops
fine by me!

Wait... there is
more
here is what
brought tears
to my eyes
his vision
he can see
yes, we know but 
the eye chart pics
all our studying
paid off
for the first time
we tested
his vision
and he participated
and he passed
so far we know
he has 20/50 vision
in his good eye
with glasses on
AND
he has 20/80 vision
in his bad Eye
with the contact in
the PO almost
fell out of her chair
she would have been
happy with 20/200!

Treasure hunted... treasure found!!!

At 21 months old
this was Easton's
first eye chart exam
so actually
there is still
hope
lots of hope
that it will only
get better
as he gets older
his attention span
was limited
it was a very
basic
initial exam
but I was speechless
I was so proud
he sat
he saw
he said
and there isn't
much more
to say?!

Amazing
Overwhelming
Confirming
Winning

Honestly... really!?  Do you think he knows?!  He has to!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Life is good.. Ya'll are in my prayers along with my baby boy. (Anderson).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news!!! Go Easton Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda!!! Am freaking out for you! This is the best news. You are awesome, easton is awesome and I'm so glad all of your hard work is paying off!! We sit here and talk about the struggles paying off and it seems so far away, so to have these moments of winning is just phenomenal. His expression and patch shirt are perfect. This is just the greatest news!! Awesome job, imom!! Today is your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda!!! Am freaking out for you! This is the best news. You are awesome, easton is awesome and I'm so glad all of your hard work is paying off!! We sit here and talk about the struggles paying off and it seems so far away, so to have these moments of winning is just phenomenal. His expression and patch shirt are perfect. This is just the greatest news!! Awesome job, imom!! Today is your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am literally crying with happiness for you and Easton! You are definitely winning (and yes, he does know!). This is the best news. Ride that wave for as long as you want. I've just raised my glass in a toast to you and your dedication. It isn't an accident that Easton has come this far - it is because of your work, tenacity and LOVE for your children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! WINNING! (This is an EPIC post!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOO HOO!!!! WOW what a huge turn around...This is AWESOME!!! Amanda. SO happy for your little man. Those photo's perfectly capture the mood of your post :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crying as I type this. Congratulations!!!!! To you and Easton. Too funny about the PO putting the patch on wrong. He is so adorable! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...