Friday, June 1, 2012

Relish

I don't know
if it was
the hot weather
or the fact that
her hair is just
getting long
but I tried
and it worked
the girl can rock
a ponytail...


and then it hit me
my babies
aren't really babies
anymore.


Not too long ago
they would ride
in this stroller
in the infant carriers
now it doubles
as a twin stroller
and a jungle gym.


Everyday
the everyday
simple things
become
more and more
easy for them.


They are evermore
aware of
their growth
and growing abilities.


And I am evermore
aware



that this
this time
is quickly
coming to
an end.


Like a swing
I know
as much as
they swing away


they will
swing back.


It's a feeling
in my heart
that I still
am not quite
used to
the wave
the cycle
the joy
the excitement
the evolution
of life


mixed with
the growth
the change
the permanence
that yesterday
is gone
just a memory
a building block
for tomorrow.


And honestly
I am not sure
if I am noticing
the change
more in them
or in myself.


They will forever
be my babies
I do know
this is true


and tomorrow
is so exciting
and shinning
and new.


I don't want
to go back
I don't really
want to stay
forward facing
is the only way.



I just see it
and I feel it



Change
Choice
Courage


holding on
and letting go


Reflection


Remembrance


Relish

Today.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Such an internal conflict - the excitement of watching them grow, learn, change vs. the sadness of knowing they are getting bigger, more independent. They will always be your babies - that is true.

    Can I just say, when I read the title of this post I immediately thought that you m ust have had a bbq with the delicious diced pickle condiment! Then immediately realized that you meant the other meaning of the word relish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I kinda did it on purpose. Relish Summer! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...