Friday, June 8, 2012

Our Day

I'm feeling
an urge

June 2011

June 2012

the concept for
this post
has been tumbling
around in my mind
for a few weeks
and I have finally
found a way
to connect the dots
considering I haven't
recorded milestones

Last June sitting up was a big accomplishment!!!

in their baby books
since probably winter
and spring has come
and gone
summer is here
and big things
and little things
happen everyday
so this is my attempt
at catching up
and capturing
Our Day...

7am-ish
I will either hear
Azalea singing
ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh
or
Easton talking
Mama Dada Hiii-gh

Usually I will
listen
for just that much
longer
because I am comfortable
and they sound
so sweet
eventually I get up
and walk in their room
smiling faces
waving little hands
sometimes still laying
snuggled in their blankets
Azalea likes to chew
on all four corners
of her blanket
Easton likes to play
immediately
so I hand him a toy
and start the routine

his Diaper
his Drops
her Diaper
both clean
both dry
both in one crib
playing
reading books
anything while I
wash my hands
get tissues
get contact
set up shop
tell Easton
contact time
Azalea still in crib
playing watching
or sometimes
off with Daddy
as he gets ready for work
Easton lays on the floor
I still swaddle his arms
although he will
tuck them under his butt
on his own
because he knows
I kiss his forehead
every time
I want him to know
I do this with
so much LOVE
I begin to sing
anything and everything
on a good day
we are done before
the wheels on the bus
go round and round
on a bad day
I am struggling
to think of one more
song to sing
we all clap
including Easton
when the morning
routine is over
and Azalea usually
helps me clean up
putting Easton's contact case
back on the shelf
in the linen closet
where it belongs

7:30 ish
Kids wander
while I open windows
tie back curtains
and greet the day
start pouring milk
start pouring coffee
in their highchairs
they eat
bananas strawberries
toast waffles dry cereal
maybe even yogurt
any of this or sometimes
all of the above
lately barely any of it
meanwhile I am pinning back
bangs on both
Azalea for the day
Easton for the milky stuff
he eats while it dries
then the wrapper crinkles
and the patch is on
I press and hold
again kiss his forehead
his cheeks his nose
tell him he's
such a good boy
I love you so much
e.v.e.r.y. time
and breakfast is done
by the way yes, we love
on our little girl
just as much
her beauty blindsides us
everyday
and trust me
she knows it!!!

8am-ish
Daddy is out the door
kisses and hugs
buh-bye, they say
hands waving
facing looking
Nelly's tail wagging
as he pulls away
car horn honking
and little voices saying
toot toot
beep beep
honk honk

Easton is a sound machine
he will hear and mimic
any and every sound
inside outside in the car
machines people animals
packaging toys food
on the TV on the radio
over the phone
he uses his little lips
cheeks tongue teeth
breathe throat saliva
you name it
the kid creates it
even the sound of
his sister screaming
although his train
is my personal fav
chug a chug a choo choo
it's just too cute

Azalea can speak
her own foreign language
I'm not kidding
the girl tells stories
has real conversations
facial expressions
hand gestures
body movements
all while speaking
some serious business
only she knows
this usually involves
a toy or two
every room of the house
her brother
if he happens to
interrupt her
and then it just
gets louder and
more serious

by 9am-ish
I have had 2 cups
of luke warm coffee
not by choice
but by the time
I pour it and
attempt to drink it
I end up
chasing a kid
changing a diaper
chasing another kid
changing another diaper
chasing a kid
dressing a kid
chasing another kid
dressing another kid
and by then
I just don't want
the coffee anymore

Speaking of diapers
and getting dressed
Azalea might as well
do it all by herself

Look out!  Diva in the making!

she will tell me
poo poo
when she poops
she will lay down
before I even
have everything ready
she wants to wipe herself
she knows and I mean
she knows how to
get dressed
arms up arms in
foot here foot there
and she will take
all the dirty clothes
and put them
"over the fence"
which is the gate
that blocks the door
to their bedroom
where the hamper is

Easton of course
is the opposite
he is cooperative
usually
but we refer to his
willingness as
blobbin
his entire body
whether it's his
muscle tone
or on purpose
I think a little of both
he is a BLOB
changing his diaper
blob
getting him dressed
blob
picking him up
blob
putting him in his car seat
blob
he knows what we are doing
he knows the routine
he goes with the flow
but he literally
let's his body go blob

Could this pic be any more boy?!


by 10am-ish
they have played
together separately
pushed cars
hugged n tugged blankets
ran up and down
the hallway the house
jumped on all the furniture
pushed the highchairs
around the kitchen
emptied every toy bin
picked up for fun
to empty them again

Azalea can literally
throw balls
or any object really
across the room
Daddy calls her
Chuck-er Woods
She loves figuring things out
and all things that buckle
and will whine until
I undo the buckle
so she can snap it again
She also loves to clean
literally with a washcloth
swiping and wiping
all surfaces of the house
She is afraid of the vacuum
or as they both call it
the Va
Easton loves the Va
while I vacuum
he vacuums with his toy Va
and Azalea hides
behind the chair

They love to read books
and turn pages
pointing to images
talking out loud
all on their own
The both notice babies
everywhere and say, baby
Easton finds and points
to grasshoppers
and calls them, hoppy
He was in the other room
saying mama mama mama
I look to see what he wants
he is pointing to
a coffee mug
in a picture book
he points to pop bottles
and says dada
he points to beer cans
and says Nannu
They both pick up objects
around the house
and say our names
my shoe, mama
the remote, dada
my hair brush, mama
daddy's ball hat, dada
Easton also thinks
all things with wheels
are cars
everything is car
in books, car!
on walks, car!
in the car, car!
I try to say
steam roller dump truck 
moving van fire engine
but it's always, car!

So yeah, by 10am-ish
we are all
loosing our minds
TV sometimes helps
when it's cold or rainy
snacks help
great weather really helps
we go outside
take walks
they will stroll


in the stroller
for a solid 30 min.
before wanting out
sometimes we bring Nelly
and they will both
hang onto the leash
while Nelly prances along
we round the neighborhood
they wave and say hi
to everyone and everything
living and not living
people
people in cars
fast moving cars
trees mailboxes
dogs cats birds bugs
they see it
they say hi

Random but cute
I had them in the store
in the stroller
of course they were saying, hi
the lady cashing us out
says, what's your name
Azalea promptly replies
Sal-ya
Easton chimes in
Ya-Ya
I taken completely
by surprise say
what's your brother's name
Azalea says
Eassss t
and Easton confirms
Easss
I knew they could
say each other's
and their own name
but I didn't know
they knew the answer
to the question
What's your name!?!

After we walk
we usually end up
by Our Tree
now known as
Our Fence
and they will run
and play
and laugh
and scream
in delight
for another 30 min.
sometimes I bring
toys or chalk
Azalea loves coloring
Easton likes it
but not for very long
girlfriend is serious
about two things
talking and drawing
they both can recognize
point to and say
star heart and flower
well Easton says
la loo for flower
we are working on
circle square triangle
so of course
I usually draw
all of the above
and more
until they have completely
lost interest and
run in opposite directions

Side note
in what I call
a scatter emergency
two toddlers running
out of control
I scoop the nearest
or lightest child
usually Azalea
and run after the other
return immediately
to the stroller
and go home
the scatter game
as they sometimes play
only ends this way

We are leaving now...


11am-ish
It's lunch time
in highchairs again
they eat
PB sandwich or
deli turkey or ham
more milk
chunks of cheese
pieces of wheat tortilla

by the way
Easton can say tortilla
yes all three syllables
neither of them really try
to say, I love you
even though I say it
a hundred times a day
that's three syllables too
but hey tortilla
is sooo much more
meaningful

lunch always ends
with something sweet
pudding to practice
using a spoon
or applesauce
more fruit
they LOVE fruit
all fruits
if they could
they would
eat only fruit

Daddy tries to visit
around lunch time
usually with a slice
of pizza in hand
for Mommy
Azalea knows pizza
just by seeing the box
she will point and say
Pizza!  then she will
start to move her tongue
in and out of her mouth
like a lizard
until she gets a bite
she will do this
for any food
she sees and wants
if I ask her
if she wants more
she will say, please
and when she is done
she will swipe her hands
like she is dusting them off
not only does the girl
speak a foreign language
she has her own
sign language too!

kids and Daddy
will play
Mommy tries to
clean up
if I'm lucky
I get to shower
before their nap
but usually not so
and all things
non-kid related
get done at nap time
there is no "ish"
when it comes to
nap time

at 12:30
I start singing
the nite nite song
It's time to take a nap
It's time to take a nap
high ho the dairy oh
It's time to take a nap
we say nite nite
or in their words
buh-bye to everything
toys furniture rooms
the walls the doors
all things on the path
to their bed
change diapers
check "Mr. Jones"
aka. Easton's contact
I don't know how
I don't know when
but we started to say
Contact Jones
and then Mr. Jones
and now he knows
what it means
and he we like it
so Jones it is!

I put them in bed
kiss their little faces
say nite nite
I love you
I'll see you
when you wake up
and close the door
unless they are
extremely overtired
they lay down just fine
they jump like monkeys
for maybe two minuets
they talk and giggle
settle in and within
ten minuets twenty tops
two sleeping toddlers
whoa!

2pm-ish
sometimes even
rare but love it
3pm-ish
they wake
all snugly and lovey
usually together
but if when individually
I get even more
lovins from whom ever
is up first
hands down my most fav
time of the day
it only lasts maybe 15 min.
but every snuggle
is oh so worth it
again I check
contact Jones
as this is prime time
for missing Mr. Jones
Azalea is usually thirsty
after she gets up
and goes to the frig
to tell me to get her
a drink, half water half juice
she will sip her's
Easton will drink his
also close to
snack time again
crackers dry cereal
yogurt and fruit

4pm-ish
more play time
usually watch Ellen
totally sing and dance
along with Ellen
Easton now knows
when Ellen is on
it's 4:30 and
his patch can come off


glasses on
since it's summer
and TV sucks
in the summer
we go outside
in the afternoon
we usually stick to
our backyard
where I fight to keep them
off the back steps
they push toy cars
or get in and
I push toy cars
play with the hose
Easton says hose
and "lid da la" for water
play in their house
wash their hands
in the sink of the
playhouse
more "lid da la"
peek through windows
open and close the door
newest game is to
say hi and bye
and run to give me a kiss
before going in the house
love it... every time!
run around
try to touch the poop scoop
swing and slide
go to the back fence
and scream hi
to the neighbors
who may or may not
be in sight
blow bubbles
dance to music
on my phone
smell flowers
smell plants
smell things
that don't even smell

5:30 ish
Daddy is home
we might still be
outside
or my fight to keep them
off the back steps
got old and I brought them
in kicking and screaming
they run to the window
if I say who's here
including Nelly
the other day
Azalea tried to put
Daddy's shoes on
after he got home
stuck her foot in
and said, hot
eewh gross
funny but gross
they both try to put
both our shoes on
too cute!
sometimes I have
dinner ready
usually we are scrambling
while we eat
they eat in highchairs
whatever we are eating
I try to feed them veggies
they really only like
avocados and broccoli
even though they loved
all veggies as babies?!
pasta rice french fries
some kind of meat
regular dinner stuff

6pm-ish
Bath night is
every other day
we don't take
chances anymore
contact out before the tub
they both love water
Azalea loves to color
in the tub with
washable crayon
Easton loves to
lay and kick and splash
both play with squirt toys
both pour water in and out
of cups and try to drink it
both brush teeth in tub
Mommy and Daddy
dry diaper and dress
one baby for each of us
no preference
we switch it up
to keep it even
they run around
like crazy kids
after their bath
I love both of their
wet hair looks

7pm-ish
settle down time
warm milk
in a bottle
the only bottle
of the day
gonna keep it for now
Dr. still wants the calories
for the bitty baby
and what sister gets
brother gets
and vise versa
so bottle for both it is
honestly I'll take
the little bit of baby
that we have left
and savor it
we usually watch
Pat and Vanna
or sometimes
Kids onDemand
fav programs include
The Little Einsteins
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Thomas the Train
Chuggington
Jake and the Neverland Pirates
or Strawberry Shortcake

7:30 ish
Bed time routine
I take Easton's contact
out in one swoop
these days
while he is still playing
we've certainly come
very very far
glasses get put away
we being to sing
same version of the nap song
but now it goes
it's time to say nite nite
it's time to say nite nite
high ho the dairy oh
it's time to say nite nite
again saying buh-bye
to all things
on the way to bed
more diapers
more drops
more hugs
more kisses
Mommy Daddy and
Nelly too
again they usually
hang out with each other
before settling down
even more so now
with longer daylight
but eventually
they slowly putter out
and we do it
all over again
come sun rise

this has been
Our Day
for a while now
and it makes me
a little sad that
Our Days
are numbered
but I now know
that's ok
we will be ok
we will create
a new day
together
and until then
continue to love
and look forward to



Our Day

3 comments:

  1. Your days sound busy, hectic and wonderful! It is funny that you posted this because I used naptime today to try and catch up the baby books (which hadn't been written in since December).

    Love that it is "contact Jones." Like a code name.

    Can't imagine having twins. You make the day sound easy, even though I know it isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail and description of the day! It makes me feel like I am there just hanging out at the tree or having a tortilla for lunch. They are so sweet and seem to be similar in some ways, but SO different. Love the Blob and Mr.Jones and the sign language.

    I am usually overwhelmed by my one kid, so definitely inspire me!

    Loved this as it really captured a time in your lives that you are going to miss, even though it will be replaced by even more fun times.

    And, my blog IS Anderson's baby book. He has one that went though 1 year, but I am so detailed in blog posts that I just order a blog book every year and I figure it counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful Momma you are. And I am so jealous of your well oiled machine. If I can get two in bed by 9:30pm I smile. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...