Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Prayer

Just when
you think
the Eye is 
semi predictable
think again.

Went to the Eye Dr.
yesterday
his Eye pressure
for monitoring 
his Glaucoma
should be lower
than 18
Dr. kept getting 
readings of 28
not good
asked her 
what reading is 
really bad... 40.
So at least 
his Eye is not 40.

She wants to 
see him again
in 2 weeks.
She debated 
4 weeks with eye drops 
or 2 weeks 
with better instruments.
He has no other
signs or symptoms
of Glaucoma
so we will go
to her other office
with the better instruments
and pray.

The appointment 
will take longer
she will dilate
both eyes.
If the pressure
is not down
he will go on drops
for about a month
if the pressure still
is not down 
he will have to 
have surgery 
to release the 
pressure.


Other than that
the appointment
and the rest of
his Eye
was great.
He was so good
with the exam
and the contact
it literally brought
tears to my eyes
so proud.
He was a rock
no wiggling
no resisting
no whinning
no crying
it was almost
like he knew
just how important
it all was.

 

It's hard
not to worry.
I look at him
and look at
his Eye
you would never know
pressure is building?!
He is just
as silly
as happy
as active
as he always is.
I truly thought
the visit was just
routine
and now
the knot
is back.

But it is
what it is
AND it is
Christmas
so holiday cheer
we will bring.
Over the weekend
we tried
Bingo Dot Painting
sounded like fun
figured I could
turn it into wrapping paper
for holiday gifts.

This is what
the paper
looked like
before we even
got started!


Easton was way more
interested in
painting his fingers
than dotting the paper.


Azalea was the complete
opposite.
She preferred to stay
clean
and also really tried
to dot
correctly?

Not sure
if there really is
a correct way to
dot paint
but if there was
she did it.


They both
had a lot of fun
and that is really
what the goal was
dots
marks
smears
it all got on the paper
and
the gifts got wrapped.

Then of course
we had to have
snacks n sippys!
Daddy taught them
how to lay down
and drink
since they have trouble
tipping the sippy up
to drink.
So cute
he lays
and then
she lays.


It has been
such a busy month
this is
such a busy holiday
I know 2 weeks
will be here
before I know it.
Christmas will come
and go
the New Year will
ring in
and then we will
be sitting in
the Eye chair.

In the meantime
I am not going
to worry
I am not going
to cry
I am not going
to wish it all away.
But I will
pray.
I will pray for
peace
love
joy
and low pressure.
That's not too much
to ask
for Christmas.
Right?!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda...I am so sorry. I got goosebumps when I read your post. I remember the day Nicole's pressure was up. Although she had other signs that we always found explanations for. Her eye was cloudy...it was the lens....her eye looked bigger....cause she has a big lens right?
    I am praying praying praying that the pressures are down...that it was just a bad day. Hope your holidays are filled with love and happiness.
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach dropped when I read this. Glaucoma is such an ugly word, and something none of us could have ever imagined thinking of our children developing it. I'm not going to tell you not to worry because nothing would be able to stop me from worrying. I worry about it, and we've never had any reason to worry about it. I will tell you that I will pray. I'm lifting your precious son up to the One who loves him more than anyone. I'm praying the pressure goes down. And I pray y'all have a Merry Christmas throughout it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knot. It's so awful. I saw a picture at Anderson's last appointment that reminded me of you! I'm going to post it as soon as I get a chance.

    I think it's ok to cry & wish it away (just a little). Isn't that normal? And, then (like always), you get out the sadness/frustration and pick up and carry on. I'm so sorry for you to have to worry about this. He is such a trooper and so are you!!

    Love the painting-you are so creative! And, I love them laying down with their cups:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying good eye prayers for you and Easton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word.... I am so sorry! This breaks my heart for you and for Easton. That word is terrifying, glaucoma. I hope and pray that it was a crazy instrument and a wrong reading. If not though, you are strong and so is Easton. You and Easton can conquer anything. Hope you have a Merry Christmas through all of this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...