Sunday, November 4, 2012

the giraffe and the panda

the giraffe
sees the distance



the panda
sees with love


this year
halloween
just felt
well...symbolic


their costumes
weren't even new
well they were
new last year
on clearance
mom happened to
pick em up


and perhaps
she was thinking
of me

or maybe
I like to believe
it was just
meant
to be


that 
the giraffe
and
the panda
go
trick or treating
with me


you see
the panda
my panda
is me
back when
manda panda
was she
and he
well... really



of course
it's me
who sees

 

the distance



and he
well gee
look here
and see


it's now
November

they she wanted
to color


but I had other
things in mind
more modern
memories
to find


that's my dress
when I was two
no wonder
my kitchen
is white and blue


the little things


catch my eye


trigger my heart


move my soul


them at this table
my childhood
table


with my crayons
my childhood
crayons


in my clothes
my childhood
clothes


just brings me
back
to this time
this month
November
remember
the growth
the change
the cycle
of me


the giraffe
and
the panda
modern day
mem or me's


of course
as I child
I had a giraffe
and
an art shirt


it just amazes
me
where life can
symbolic be
the giraffe
and
the panda
and me

5 comments:

  1. Love it. You are so poetic and creative. You and your giraffe are definitely seeing the distance. And panda is cuter than ever. I still think she is an old soul in a little body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love so much about this is that you take the time to share your childhood with your children in so many ways. They are truly blessed to have you for their mommy. It makes me want to stop, breathe, listen and see what was, what is and what can be.
    Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those costumes are perfect!! How cute are they?? That is not a question, I mean to make that a statement!!

    The giraffe is too much. What a perfect idea. And, the little blue dress is adorable and so meaningful.

    You are the kind of art teacher I wish I had because you are obviously so creative and thoughtful in life, which I am sure carries over into your classroom.

    Love their little faces. And, his cast! I forgot about it and then I spotted it in a pic. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your posts. The kids are beautiful as always...but this time I also have to comment on that adorable pic with puppy laying on the floor. So flippin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little clothes on Azalea. How cool!

    Their costumes are adorable. I am amazed at how well you entertain two kiddos! Go momma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...