Thursday, July 21, 2011

Giraffes

Giraffes have always been a favorite animal of mine.
Little did I know their God given ability to "see the distance" would end up being my motto in life.
Both figuratively and literally!
Today was difficult to see the distance.
I really am trying to put it all into perspective.
But when you are on your hands and knees for the umteenth time looking for a tiny, clear disk
that you know is only inches away from your finger tips... it's difficult.

I've been trying to put the contact in Easton's eye while he is awake.
Trying is the key word here.
And bless his little heart, I know he is trying too.
We have a routine now... in the morning as soon as he gets up, still groggy and all.
I swaddle him, kiss his forehead and say let's see how we do today buddy.
He knows what I am doing and he is only 9 months old.
He tolerates my fingers prying his eye lids open for only so long.
Then I take this foreign object and attempt to shove it in his eye in the .3 seconds that he gives me.
If we are lucky it goes in... if we win the lottery it goes on.
Today I got it in 3 times, but never got it on.
Eventually both of us have had enough, hello good morning it's 6:45 am!
Then he decides to go into marathon mode and never took a morning nap, aka contact time.
I tried again while awake mid morning anyway.
In once, but not on.
Ok so now I'm frustrated, I'm worried about patch time and the kids are eating lunch already.
Where is the day going...
Finally he falls asleep, finally the contact is in.
He wakes at 3 and we are just beginning to clock hours of patch time.
Some are better than none, I suppose.
See the distance!
Never mind all the toys that were in the bucket mom, just give me the bucket!

Azalea crawled over and parked herself right next to her brother, she probably would have gotten in if there was room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...