Monday, October 8, 2012

two CHANGES you

two kids
two years
two birthdays
two months
two moments
not sure if it's
the two
or the
changes
I'm feeling more


But if you think
about it really
one is the experience


two is the change


and we are
most definitely
past one
and on to
two


I really felt
the change
during their
birthday party
a new experience
a new feeling
of tradition
but this time
with them
tradition and family
go hand in hand
for me
and this time
it was our tradition
it was our family
a simple yet
significant feeling
an exciting feeling
that there is
more
of this to come
two


Turning two
brought about
many new
milestones
ones I want to
record
remember
so here
they come...

No more bottles
yay I am doing
the happy momma
bottle free dance
honestly it was
way past due
but I kept hearing
Dr.'s orders
Azalea needs
the calories
in the back
of my mind
and stuck with
the night one
for way too long
well enough
is enough
we now refer
to her (and his)
nightly calorie intake
as the "sippy bobby"
still warm milk
still mostly on
momma's lap
still soothing
but we've moved on
we're two

Next up
no more highchairs
yay I am doing
the happy momma
highchair free dance
more space in
my kitchen
which is a total bonus
however they have to
eat somewhere
so now we are
eating as a family
at our dining room
table with booster seats


it has it's pros
and cons
something that we all
need time
to get used to


but what started out
as a trial run
seems to be working
into something
permanent
remember
we're two


With the new
eating arrangement
and addition of
the table


which potentially
has a story
for a future post
we had to
say good bye to
Grandma's rocking chair
which has gotten
it's own post
it's own story
it's own memories
it's a wee bit sad
as this chair
has simply
been there
but it was time
and we knew
again remember
we're two

Off they go... yes Daddy is on a riding toy too!

A small report
A small step
A small milestone
Azalea "tinkled"
on the potty


and the next day
Easton "tinkled"


right now there is
no pressure
no goal
no time line
but in some
weird way
their way
we are headed
this way
two


Speaking of tinkle
but rather
Twinkle
Azalea has become
quite the singing
sensation


it's official
she can sing
on her own
in a singing voice
all the words to
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
the ABC song
and of course now
Happy Birthday
the girl can also
count to at least 15
on her own


Easton sings too
and oh so sweetly
but just not
as completely
and his version of
counting
goes like this
eight five eight


hey he she
they are
two

Speaking of the boy
let's talk about
the Eye at two


it's been difficult
it's been different
and yes, I know
he just had surgery
but it's more than that
he's two
he's cooperative
he's resistant
he's aware
and he can talk
when I say
difficult different
I really mean
it's been
difficultly different
for me
well all of two
has felt like that
but the Eye
really points it out


pretty much everything
is still the same
but the way
he deals with it
is changing
and therefore
I notice it
I feel it
two

What specifically
during drops
he now wants
his blankey
to hide with
and eventually
to just hold
he also wants
Daddy
to be there
to count
to sing
to help take care
of what he calls
"business"
He says, Easton
somethings in life
we have to do
even if we don't
want to do them
it's called
taking care of
business
and now during drops
Easton says
business


What else
during contact time
he still lays
he still gets swaddled
but he is more resistant
he will tell me
what songs to sing
I can talk to him
and tell him
almost done
look up
blink
hang on it's folded
but he's fighting
it more lately
squeezing his eyes
turning his head
saying all done or yay
when we arn't
it's just hard
it's always been hard
and now it's different
and difficult
on the plus side
he knows what's happening
he knows the contact helps
he knows when it's on
and I think
he's starting to
understand

There is more
the patch
THANKFULLY
he still will
keep it on
but getting it on
is becoming
more difficult
he knows the sequence
the barrette
the milky stuff
the patch
so now he fights
the barrette
the milky stuff
and ultimately
the patch
and it just
breaks my heart
once it's on
we press and hold
count to ten
hugs and kisses
take the barrette out
wipe the milky stuff off
and life goes on
but damn
sometimes
all the time
it just sucks
two


Oh AND
I've been wanting
to throw this
out there, so far
daycare and the Eye
are working
the contact
fell out once
and she FOUND it
and one time
she didn't see it
but found it
stuffed up in his Eye
and he LET her
adjust it back on
I honestly
can not ask for
anything more
knock on wood
thank you God

Mommy was once a "purple crayon" literally for Halloween.

So yeah
two CHANGES you

imaginative
indecisive
independent
irresistible

That horse was MY riding toy!

sums it up
for me
you see
two
has certainly
changed
me

3 comments:

  1. You are seriously so gifted. So poetic and talented - just like your "two."

    I have a love/hate relationship with the age of two. Somethings are amazing, wonderful and miraculous. But the tantrums, resistance and potty training - not as much fun. But you take both and just try to enjoy.

    Hurray for day care finding a contact. I'm sure it puts your mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully written. Makes me wish my kids were two again. Okay, maybe not so much. I don't miss the resistance and how quickly they learn to show their independence. What beautiful children you are raising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.happy that daycare found his contact. That is awesome.

    I can only imagine if Austin was still wearing a contact, we would be right there too. He is so curious about everything. My heart goes out to you and to him. That is so hard. Every time Easton crosses my mind, I say a little prayer for him.

    I think that being two is like a flipped switch. I remember when Blake was that age, it was like a light bulb came on in his head. He started talking more and just catching onto things easier and faster.

    Congrats on the potty successes. That is a huge step. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...