Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer

my sister
came home
and thus
my spirit
came home
her presence
brings out
my core
when time continues
and the layers of
life build upon me
she takes me there
back home
to who I know
to who I am
to who I always will be



I live creatively
I breathe creativity
but the true act of
creating
creating for me
takes time
that I simply
do not have
so when she shows up
we make time
with a bottle of wine
sitting in front of
a child's chalkboard
no thinking
just doing
drawing
talking
coloring
reflecting
blending
loving
life
and it felt good

It didn't feel complete until the kids drew on it the next morning!
my heartbeat
our heartbeat
started with love
and as much as
I could continue
to put words
to this expression
I don't feel
I need to
it... like all Art
speaks what needs
to be said
to who ever
is listening

I can say though
I needed this
to see
to hear
to express
myself
Art, whether
charcoal
acrylic or
chalk
Art is my language
it gives me
perspective
and redirects
my focus
which is what
my spirit needed
to spearhead
this Summer

and Summer
so far
Summer
has felt good too
refreshing
replenishing
rewarding

no schedule
no plans
no late night lunches
no early morning alarms

we are filling
our days
with was fills
our hearts
in each moment
and I have never
felt more full
and content
and grateful
Summer

We went to a
July 3rd parade
with Grammy
and Grampy Jimmy
...if they know I am
taking their picture
this is what I get


and when
they don't know


this and all pics
are before
the torrential downpour
that we sat through
before walking home
soaking wet


she lets me do her hair
as long as
I am "Miss Jenny"
from the "Hair" episode
of Bubble Guppies
she sat for a french braid
told me she wanted it
long and pink, like Molly


Family pic
on July 4th
picnic at
Nannu and Nanne's




twins pushing twins
to the second parade
no rain but
lots of water
spraying from the
LOUD firetrucks
kids loved it
as long as
we held them





more cute pics
with cute cousins
in from California


found this brick
days after the 4th
but fun no less


first fishing poles




hard to catch fish
when all she does
is scare them away
launching every rock
she finds



found a family of ducks
this is his best duck dance



their fishing poles
made great drawing sticks
on the stone path
made Momma's heart smile





Daddy never did
snag a fish that day
but I have a feeling
he/we will
by the end of
SUMMER


3 comments:

  1. I love summer too. This post seems more calm and peaceful. I think summer agrees with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of you and your sister!! Sisters really are the greatest.

    It looks like you all had a great time celebrating-love all of the pics. My favorite one is Easton squating down...he has a mischievous expression on his face and it is precious! Also, the last one of the 2 of them fishing is so sweet.

    I am so, so sad that we are supposed to be at OEyeO right now...

    Oh,and the chalkboard art is truly outstanding. I would love to see a video of how you all just created that without really planning or thinking. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures... I can't even take a picture of Blake. He is on to me. :)

    Also, I am sad about OeyeO...

    Sisters are the best. THAT is ALL!

    It looks like you are having a great summer. I hope it continues to be great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...