Wednesday, March 13, 2013

stuck in the mud



The new glasses
bi-focal lens
for "the Eye"
and prescription lens
for the other eye
are ordered
we decided to stay with
a similar shape
a similar color
frame
but a new pair
non the less

his current pair
are over a year old
some minor scratches
a crooked fit
only one frantic drive
to the optician
for a popped lens
and replacement ear cushions
he chewed the original ones off
no not the dog, Easton did
but hey not bad
for a toddler boy
romping around
with glasses on
during his evenings




in addition 
a new prescription
for his contact lens
a pack of 4, for back up
as been ordered
because of the new script
and minor eye ball growth
we tried a different fit
we tried a different lens
one that could potentially
stay in for 30 days
and then get thrown away
but no such luck
custom made
daily wear
it's been, it is

I knew from the moment
I took the potential lens
from the sample pack
it would be too shallow
but I tried it anyway
laid him down on the floor
right there in the optician's office
felt like an imom pro
wow have we come a long way
the very same office
on day one
when he was teaching me
now I was practically
teaching him

it was "flueting"
on the nasal side
I could see it right away
but Easton let
the optician take a
good long close look
at the fit
after which I removed
said ill fitting contact
and instantly placed it
in the garbage
with yet another
sighhh...
in a perfect world
 

and that is just it
our world is not perfect
I'd like to ask
who's is
life could always be
easier, I suppose
but then again
life could always be
harder
 



I am worried
I am curious
as to how
all the new changes
will play out
will Easton notice
his new prescriptions
will he like utilizing
the bi-focal lens
will he tolerate
wearing glasses
all day long
and really will all of this
continue to enable
his vision to grow
and improve

I'd like to hope so
but you know
just as winter comes
to a close
and spring is
right around the corner
right now



I feel like we are
here
in between the two
 

messy
muddy
making the most
of the moment
 

sloshing through
the best we can
with what we have
 

we have survived
the cold months
we are hopeful
for the gifts that
new growth can bring
but right now
we will continue
to get down and dirty
to work hard







the beauty
the blossoms
of our life
are already here
in these moments



but the future
of what is to come
will reveal itself
in time
I know it
I believe it
and it will be
even more
breathtaking
I can see it
in the distance.



5 comments:

  1. Love their little boots!! You have the best pics and such great, insightful relections. I feel like I am such a part of their little lives and I love it!

    You are an imom PRO! Seriously, when our kids are grown, we should do some kind of awards ceremony for them/us at one of our OEYEO meetings! We can do superlatives and get little trophies that are shaped like eyes or glasses or something.

    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post! I got a little misty for you and your sweet ones! I love the picts and the insight. I love that you are an imom pro who just shows the doctor how it's done now. Such a great role model for those of stuck knee deep in the mud. I'm glad it's getting better for you guys. I hope he adjusts to his glasses! They are both such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuck in the mud - that is what it feels like sometimes. And it is hard work - very hard work - and we don't ever get a day off.

    Sorry the other lens didn't work out. But at least you know you have custom lenses that stay in (most of the time). And keep us posted on the bifocals. I am anticipating that is our next step at the next appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kiddos are looking so grown up. They are so cute in their little boots.

    I hope the glasses-all-the-time transition is easy for him, and for you! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how he does in bifocals- and to see if you notice a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...