Thursday, September 8, 2011

Something right

Went to a Dr. Apt. today
and I'm left feeling
insecure.
I'm a new mom
overwhelmed
raising twins.
Who knows best,
a medical opinion 
or 
a mother's intuition.

When is enough
enough.
Where is the line
between
this is who they are
and
this is where they
should be?

We all know
she's small.
She started out small.
She was born small.
She remains small.
She is
small.
How do you get bigger?
You eat!
Huh, sounds easy?
Not when your child
doesn't want to
eat.
Well let me rephrase that.
Doesn't want to eat
what is recommended.
OR
Doesn't willingly, happily
eat consistently.

But we must be doing something
right?
She is alive.
She is active.
She is growing.
She is eating... some, enough?!
She is just
small.

It's frustrating.
When all you really want
is to do what is
best.
Best according to who.
Her?
an infant child
The Dr.?
a medical professional
her Parents?
oh just the people who
spend every moment
with her...
I love this picture!
I love the moment
she and he.
I love that it's the three
of them.

I love that he
included me.

So I guess
I have to trust
that.
The good stuff.
Like holding
both
my babies.
Their little fingers
gripping mine.
Their smiles.
Their laughs.
Their reassurance.
That we must be doing
something
right.

1 comment:

  1. They seem to both be happy healthy little munchkins. I always hate when the doctor says that I should be changing something or they are concerned and I feel like it is going to be alright. I say go with your gut. You are a good mommy and you are doing a superb job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...