Sunday, July 8, 2012

Me

I got away
time away
on my own
alone
to breathe
to exhale
to hold my head high
to let my shoulders go
to widen my smile
to fuel my soul


I was without my family
I was with my family
It's relative
It's perspective
the Sun was not shinning
the Sun was shinning



I needed this
I needed this time
I needed to notice
I needed to feel




She makes me laugh
whole heart laugh
at myself
only her
only this way


We had a moment
We had several moments
but this one


We shared
She shared
Her love
Her thoughts
Her prayers



Sisters




Identical Twin
Sisters
there swimming in the lake
beyond them
is Toronto too.

Magically
the Sun appeared
demanding
Our attention


And even though
I was without them
my spirit
still found them




And I was reminded


I am never
alone




The strength
I seek


to guide


Me


no matter
how big


or small


the challenges
may be


that fire


that fuel



that fight





stays forever



within


Me

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet sweet post. Great sunset pics! And there it was...Toronto!!!
    And a identical twin sister!!!??? So so so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion... the two lil heads swimming in the water are my nieces, Madison and Ellery. They are Identical Twins. Lucky them! ;)

      Delete
    2. hahahhah....well, although not identical you are still super lucky to have a sister!! Hope my girls love each other just as much!!

      Delete
  2. How cool that you both have twins?!?!?! It looks like you had fun. It is great to remember that you are something other than a poo sniffer from time to time, no matter how much you enjoy being a mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha too funny! You got it girl... TWO sets of twins (I know it's crazy!) and MORE than just a poo sniffer! Thank goodness for that. ;)

      Delete
  3. How fun! 2 sets of twins is crazy (although, i will admit that I too thought you were a twin from this post!). Great mom and great sister, too! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...