Saturday, January 21, 2012

Keepin Busy

I'm getting used to 
the "fun pack" 
of patches



I like how
the lil fishes are swimmin
especially in that pic.

We are keepin busy
these days
passing time 
till the next Eye Dr. apt.

and nothing 
does that better
than spending time 
reaching for rings



and running around
at the gymnastics center.




We also added 
something new
to our home
chalkboard paint



right on the back
of our kitchen island
right in the middle of
our home.

I've been thinking about it
waiting for the right time
while having reservations
you can imagine

but in the spirit of
just do it
and
when life gets messy
make a mess
I went for it!

You can tell
who is priority
in this house.


I figured it was a sign
we were doing
something right
when Daddy found this
on the back of the chalk package


Look carefully
among the many places
note the first!!  ;)

And look who
participated in an activity
for more than
30 seconds!


yes there was dust
yes they colored on more than just the chalkboard
yes they tried to eat it
yes the dog tried to lick the wall
yes their hands were dirty
yes it smeared on their clothes


and YES
we had so much FUN
all day long
it was like living with an artwork
it evolved with us
it will continued to
keep us busy!

chalk anyone?!



pick a color!

4 comments:

  1. You are such a fun mom! I gotta know... does the chalk end up all over the carpet? If so- any ideas to get it out? (I want to put one of these up!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just like being a kid again. ;) I want to do all kinds of fun things with them and then I remember they are only 16 months old. Ha, in time. Anyway yes, about the mess... I've had to vacuum a few times now after "heavy" use. And, yes there are areas that are still lightly colored but I surrendered to that before painting the chalkboard paint. Thinking if you build it, the chalk will come! I figure chalk is washable and at some point we will just have to shampoo the carpet.

      Delete
  2. Love the new giraffe picture!! You are just such a fun mom-your kids sure are lucky:) We have a chalkboard wall at our house and Anderson definitely enjoys attacking it with the chalk. I love all of the masterpieces he makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want hardwood floors. I think a contact would be easier to find on hardwood. Maybe not... but maybe. I have never thought of having a chalkboard wall. That looks like a lot of fun. A mess is a part of having kids. I heard once that cleaning in a house where kids play is like shoveling snow in a blizzard. I used to stay up late to put it right, but I have not done that in awhile. The house has taken it pretty well. :) Have fun....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...